How many grafts does the donor area contain ?

I'm wondering how many grafts can be taken from the donor area ?

And also how many grafts do we need to restore all hairs of a norwood 5 or 6 ?

I'm considering having an FHT of 4K grafts and i'd like to know how many hairs (grafts) will still be available...

I know there is not a perfect answer but an average will be more than ok !

So ?

Thanks

Between 7-9k grafts as an average. Some are more fortunate & have 10-11k.

For that area, probably 6-8k and even then the crown could still be thin a little. You'd never have original density. A hair transplant gives you the illusion of density & the styling of the hair & length help a lot. Any pics?

You look like you are headed toward a NW6. There are several guys on here who were NW6 and had 9,000-10,000 grafts transplanted. It all depends on the condition of your donor area and the laxity of your scalp.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Thank you.

I think my density is good. Does retrograde means alopecia on the crown ? If so, i will have retrograde alopecia, for sure.

I think i will be a NW6 in a few years.. !

So if i'm right and if my donor area permits it (i hope to be on the lucky guys' part :) ), i can have one hair transplant of 4K grafts now and another one of 4K grafts in a couple of year... and Hair transplant will be over... i need to plan what i want and i think it would be a good compromise ...

Thank you

• 2 years later...

Could anyone tell me the average available amount of FUE grafts in the donar area. I had a consultation with a surgeon recently who informed me I had only 2,500 grafts available. I did get a transplant fifteen years ago from a cowboy and lead to understand from my recent consultation that the cowboy took about 1000 grafts away, unfortunately I got a really crap job that didn't yield many hairs.

The thing is, I asked the surgeon what would be the average FUE grafts available in the average persons donar area, he said 3,500. Could that be really right? Average person only has 3500 FUE available grafts to play around with from the donar area?