1 week left till Hair Transplant with Dr Rahal 3000 Grafts.

Jacob1989

All the best jacob.. Hope everything goes smooth for us .... When is ur surgery date ? I have my surgery on feb 29th with dr rahal for 2800 grafts r may b more.

I planned to stay in canada for 6days.. Dont wanna walk like a alien in airports ! Foxbar got booked ..So i need to stay in some hotel now..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stinger...I can understand you being nervous but having the confidence in Dr. Rahal's abilities and his proven results made me extremely at ease...I was shocked how relaxed and excited I was during the whole procedure. To help you out further check out my website and write ups and that should give you a good understanding of the specifics about HT's and Dr. Rahal. Let me know if you have any other inquiries!

hi capelli, thx for the support and congrats on ur ht. it looks great although i must say u had pretty good hair before the HT. i am a N4 and my hair is much thinner than yours. do u know anyone who i can speak to who had N4 or 5 and had a 4000+ session with rahal? i saw an amazing transformation from a person names steller who got 6000+ with rahal. have you seen his results. ? absolutely incredible. i am trying to contact him but cant find his email

Hey Stinger...I appreciate the compliment! Before I booked with Rahal I wanted to actually talk to and even if possible visually see a HT that he has done in person...just to pick their brain. So I emailed Tara who is his office manager/patient advisor and asked if I could talk with someone and/or see someone in person the day of my consultation. She first sent me a lot of before and afters of people with my hair loss so I can get a better look and then she set up someone to actually stop by when I was there so I could see the result...and it was great...the kid had loss like me and was around 6 months out and looked unbelievable! I also met with a few others too and their results were great. So I recommend you emailing Rahal and asking if you can see NW4/5's via pictures and also ask if you can call any patient to talk with them about the process...I am sure they will be ok with that. Any questions you may have I can help you with too as I had 4,600+ grafts!

capelli i really appreciate it. i have already asked chad to send me more before and after pics and soon ill be requesting to speak to real patients who have same hairloss as me.

question: i work as a banker and need to be in front of clients all the time. what many weeks do you recommend i take off work before i can go back without anyone really knowing i had a HT

I was a NW 3 ish give or take...so when we shaved my head for the procedure i def didn't look good...mainly because of the scar in the back...plus a lot of redness throughout my recipient area as you can see per my pictures. I would say I felt comfortable enough to leave my house with some toppik around 2 months...if there was no scar i would have felt better but it takes at least a month to cover the scar to a decent point. If you have to be in front of customers that is the only bad part of a HT in that you look pretty weird for the first few weeks/months...I was lucky to time it right so I can take a good amount of time off before I had to face the public. It also depends on your loss...if your coworkers saw you as balding then you should be ok because you wouldn't have to cover much...but i had a decent amount of hair on top and mix that with toppik i always used it would have look really awkward when i showed up to work with a shaved head and thinning in the front...so it all depends on how you are already perceived by others. Do you have any pics?

Just arrived in Ottawa people, in the hotel now. Here 4 days before the surgery so got a hotel a bit closer to downtown. Finding it hard to keep my eyes open with the extra 5 hours!. You can see my pics on my blog guys, i only have pre op photo's i took myself but i will be updating my experiences to the blog. Im staying at Foxbar 2 days after but unfortunately have to fly back while i swell up i should think but hey ho i will have to be strong and as long as i make it back alive ill be happy :)

Jacob,

Good to hear that your there and waiting! Enjoy the next couple days before the HT. Any particular reasons why your there 4 days pre and 2 post? When are you due to see Rahal, the day before surgery? You surgery is this Wednesday?

How you feeling then mate?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael - I mainly chose to become early because difference in flights was a grand! so i thought it may be good to enjoy Canada before the op! im here with my brother so we're just enjoying the 4 days before, after that he will be there for support. I will be seeing Rahal on the day of my op so on the wednesday but its an early one.. have to be there by 6:30. So excited

Dr. Rahal does do 2 ops in one day...he books an early one and then does one in the afternoon on some days...it depends on how big the case load is. If he has 2 smaller sessions it makes sense to do both of them in one day but if say he has a large FUE case he will only book 1 for the day. Either way he is a great surgeon and will give you his undivided attention and always produces a great result so no worries!

Strange hugehunk92.. who you having Surgery with? pretty sure Rahal wouldn't do more than one op in a day? could be wrong though.

I think he has a cutoff somewhere...I was scheduled for 4000 grafts and he told me I would be the only case that day...of course it turned out to be more..he has the staff and trained team to do to small-medium cases a day!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Okay this is a reassurance then, was worried it would be a bit hectic if he was doing 2 in a day. I've got to be there for 6:30. I've been consulted 3000 grafts but i think it will turn out being more, but it is FUT so i take it this is a lot faster than say FUE. So cold in Ottawa at the moment but enjoying myself

Jacob

Just so you know what to expect..let me give you a heads up...Dr Rahal will make all the injections...he will remove the donor strip, suture the donor area...then while the grafts are being divided into follicular units he will be making ALL the incisions in the recipient area...after that the planters will come in and you will spend the better part of your day with them!! They are great though..they have been with Dr Rahal for a long time...he runs a well oiled machine and they never missed a beat when I was having my surgery..Now, they were so busy working, at 2 pm I had to say " I sure could use some lunch "...but I didn't care because they were all working so hard!!! Dr Rahal will come back in and check on you throughout the day and if any of the local wears off he will come back and give you more injections..

Good Luck!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Lol :P .. Its not wrong and my surgery is with dr.rahal . I was booked for 2800 FUT may b more, guess its not a big thing for such a experienced staff to do deal with FUT's which they do everyday. I wish i was the only one too, but its ok, not a big deal at all .

Thanks for the info Newhairplease

Hugehunk92 - Im not doubting :) just surprised, never heard of a surgeon having 2 patients in at the same time, im sure he will do a great job anyway. Lets hope he has a big team! You staying at Foxbar?