Propecia update - with photos...

Shed Harris

I've been on Propecia a little more than 10 weeks now. You can read more details here:

Shed's Propecia history

I noticed as of late that my hair does appear healthier. Decided this morning to take some pics and compare to what I had taken about 12 weeks ago, prior to starting the meds (I am using nothing else).

Although camera angles and lighting can certainly portray things differently from one shot to the next, I definately see an improvement in the thickness of my hair at the very least. Keep in mind, I went through a period of considerable shedding within these 12 weeks - especially in this frontal area. I'm not going to go so far as say that I have experienced any "new growth" at this point. I will say however that lurking in the shadows of these photos, is what I believe to be some of my previous sheds (maybe months before the Propecia sheds) coming in stronger than before. Some of them are coming in as very thick grey hairs - almost white.

So far I am very pleased with my experience, and like a lot of people - "wished I had" been on it 12 years ago. I'm optimistic that continued use will certainly benefit my upcoming HT. I'm hoping it will aid in minimizing my shockloss and perhaps a certain percentage of these guys may stick around for the "after party".

Check it out:

Chaos, panic and disorder...my work here is done.

year_end_update1.jpg.5c5e70ac50f145c8760eae659fdf3780.jpg

I've been on Propecia a little more than 10 weeks now. You can read more details here:

Shed's Propecia history

I noticed as of late that my hair does appear healthier. Decided this morning to take some pics and compare to what I had taken about 12 weeks ago, prior to starting the meds (I am using nothing else).

Although camera angles and lighting can certainly portray things differently from one shot to the next, I definately see an improvement in the thickness of my hair at the very least. Keep in mind, I went through a period of considerable shedding within these 12 weeks - especially in this frontal area. I'm not going to go so far as say that I have experienced any "new growth" at this point. I will say however that lurking in the shadows of these photos, is what I believe to be some of my previous sheds (maybe months before the Propecia sheds) coming in stronger than before. Some of them are coming in as very thick grey hairs - almost white.

So far I am very pleased with my experience, and like a lot of people - "wished I had" been on it 12 years ago. I'm optimistic that continued use will certainly benefit my upcoming HT. I'm hoping it will aid in minimizing my shockloss and perhaps a certain percentage of these guys may stick around for the "after party".

Check it out:

• 7 years later...

I'd say that is a NOTICEABLE improvement. Nice, and that's only just 10 weeks? Usually takes 6 months for some people to show anything significant. But you seem to respond to this medication well.