Dr Bisanga or Feriduni for Hairline FUE and best approach for hairline design??

Hello there, this is my first post, I have been a long time lurker of this forum and what a revelation finding it was! This time a year ago I knew nothing of the big 3, nor hair transplants. A year later and having been on meds ever since, I have more hair and am planning a small FUE surgery. So just putting my appreciation out there to everyone involved with the site as it has relieved me of my anxiety by just knowing I can remedy my hairloss and that makes every day that little bit better.

I am a 28 year old male NW2 with receded temples and a thinning hairline. My temples went at 16 but havent really budged since and hairline has been receding very slowly ever since. Family hairloss history is generally good, no instances that i am aware of beyond NW4 into old age, my dad is late 50s and NW2 and most men in my family tend to retain recede but retain their crowns. I have been using meds for just under a year and they are working for me, regrowing and thickening hair all over my head. As I have an otherwise good dense head of hair, I am keen to get a small FUE HT this year to restore density in the front and slightly close the temples to get a solid NW2 as opposed to my disintegrating one.

I have had an online consultation with Dr Feriduni and a personal consultation with Dr Bisanga. Having researched extensively I am hugely impressed with both Drs and am having a very hard time deciding between them, so I am looking for any input I can get to nudge me along. Is either Dr considered superior for FUE, is there a consensus who yields better results or who does the superior hailine designs, graft placement, aftercare etc>. Anyones experiences or anything along those lines, even just general impressions?.

Regarding my HT plan itself, Bisanga suggested 1800 grafts and recommended a more conservative approach and advised against lowering and temple closure, whereas Feriduni offered me the choice between a conservative approach or lowering my hairline and closing the temples a little more. As I have at this stage an otherwise full head of hair and I have a large forehead and a widows peak, the tempatation to give myself the hair I always wanted is palpable and I considering my slow rate of recession before meds and thus far positive experience with meds I feel lowering would not represent a huge risk for the next 5-10 years or so, but I wonder if looking long term, conservative is probably always a better approach?. My density is 80 at the back and 70 at the sides so i have some to play with but not so much that I can afford to be overly generous in the front.

Anyway, thanks for reading I appreciate any contributions on both the Drs and what the best approach is for my HT.

Hi ManinSpace,

I agree with you that at your age the conservative approach makes sense. If your hairloss does stabilize for a few years you can always go back later and add more grafts. I can't comment on Feriduni but I have had two procedures with Bisanga and can say that it has been a very positive experience and his after care is great. Good yield so far and no noticeable scarring.

Best of luck

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Thank you Levrais that is encouraging and much appreciated. I actually saw your thread a while ago whilst I was lurking and yours was one of the ones that alerted me to Bisanga, so thank you for maintaining such a thorough blog.I just looked through your journey again and it certainly looks like you are well on the way now! There was a point at around 4.5 to 7.5 months where you can see you have good shape back to your hair and that you were able to grow it out a bit again which would have been unadvisable in your pre op condition. That must have felt great having the confidence to grow it again. Thats the reason I love going through HT blogs, whenever I see one like yours, I feel so good for the person as Im assuming you must be feeling on top of the world with how its going. I would like a piece of that feeling!

Thanks for the input, happy growing!

Both the doctors have good reputation and you shouldn't go wrong with either of them. I had a procedure with Dr. Feriduni 2 months ago. My advice is to have personal consultation with both the doctors and then make the decision. Choosing a doctor is a big decision and I think this is the one you have to make. Good luck.

Hi Man In Space,

I met with both Dr Feriduni and Dr Bisanga personally 2 weeks ago.

All the staff at both clinics were very professional at all times.

Stephen at BHR clinic is a great walking showcase of the talents Dr Bisanga has - he seems to be a good guy, and Dr Bisanga is very down-to-earth and easy to talk to.

Dr Feriduni is extremely friendly, and very artistic - his consultation went into greater detail and he was very good at listening to everything that was asked, and generally making me feel cared for.

Both noticed different things about my situation, for example Dr Bisanga noticed some hairs from a previous transplant (not a reputable one) were angled in the wrong direction. Dr Feriduni noticed that the hairline was not level. Both measured my donor density at different levels, had different analyses of the number of 2's and 3's, suggested opposite approaches in terms of the density required (I have light hair), but both came to exactly the same conclusion in terms of number of grafts, and the area to be treated.

I should also add that this did differ slightly to the initial online consultation I got from both, but my situation was probably more complicated than yours.

So right now I'm probably not helping you to decide - but I think if you still have doubts you should go in for a personal consultation with Dr Feriduni as well before you make up your mind.

In terms of results, I have seen excellent FUE results from both doctors. I too am in your situation and have been looking up every FUE case I can find, they both have an excellent track record with some unbelievable results. My two favourites are:

Dr Bisanga:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159424-2nd-fue-hair-transplant-dr-bisanga.html

Dr Feriduni:

Bald Truth Talk - Hair Loss, Hair Transplant and Hair Restoration Community - Bijan Feriduni, MD's Album: 1814 Grafts

Overall my honest perception is that the quality of the result tends to depend on the quality of the hair - the thicker your natural hair the better the results seem to be, but both of these doctors seem like an excellent choice.

As others have stated they are both excellent and you won't go wrong either way.

If I had to chose I'd say that Feriduni is slightly better on FUT while Bisanga is slightly better FUE but that's very subjective.

I've seen some amazing crown-work from Feriduni but as for hairline you've narrowed it so much down already that it comes down to who you feel most comfortable with yourself or even price/availability.

They are both very good and it would be difficult to differentiate between the two.

Just be decisive :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks all so much for your responses!

Cdog: Thats great, I will look forward to seeing your updates

Oceanchild: I agree that it would be ideal to meet both Drs but its time and money etc, mainly a time issue in that i cant schedule a meeting for a few months and ideally, thats when id like to be getting the HT in. This is still something im cogitating, but the implications of fitting in a consult will mean becuase of my commitments, the postponement of my HT, possibly until the autumn next year.

Dutch: thanks he does have a lot of work on youtube, i have trawled these all, extensively! Convenience of location was also something I factored in, it will take me around three and a bit hours from my door to either of their clinics so knowing there are two world class (imo) surgeons practically on my doorstep was a big help. I would travel to America, I personally am a huge fan of SMG, and one of the reasons I was interested so much in Feriduni is I noticed a thread somewhere where Janna reserved very high praise for Feriduni, comparing him to the Shapiro brothers she is obviously so proud to work for. However I feel with the suregeons we have in Europe now, there is not that 'need' to travel anymore

England: Thanks for that, that does sound like your case is very much more complicated than mine and I wish you luck on your HT journey. I am familiar with both of those cases, I absolutely love that Feriduni example's hairline, I also think stingrays reversal of fortunes is a fantastic testament to the trials and tribulations of HT's, still, Dr Bisanga has turned it around for him and stingray must be living the dream now! I have medium hair characteristics and it is light but relatively dense, so I think one of the reasons I was quoted 1800 grafts is that more grafts are needed to get the density up to the surronding levels and also because of the colour. Im only covering a small area and I have seen plenty of examples online where people with darker and thicker hair are able to cover a larger area with less grafts.

Baldwhiskey: I had noticed this theme that people generally seem to think Bisanga is superior for FUE, I would love to know how this came to be. As regards price Bisanga comes in a little cheaper than Feriduni but it is negligible, in the reason of hundreds rather than thousands of pounds. Still, if I factor in a couple of hundred pounds for an extra trip to consult with Feriduni and then decided to go with him id then have to factor in another few hundred to make the return trip again later in the year, plus the extra cost for the surgery so it would then get into the region of over a thousand pounds, plus the fact that the delay would then mean I would probably have to wait til the end of next year for Surgery. Its not that that is a terribly large sum of money or that I cant wait, I would do all these things if it were beneficial, I do have to live with this after all, but if I can have complete faith in avoid these tribulations, then obviously, that would be ideal.

Chris Dav: absolutely!! I am usually a decisive character in that once my mind is made up it stays made up and I know i have to make a decision within the next couple of weeks if Im going to be able to schedule surgery for this year, so in the meantime I am taking advantage of all the knowledgable here to assist me in making a decision!. I sincerely appreciate your nudging, and I think I am beginning to get there!

Thanks everyone for your replies genuinely very helpful, as I said I still have a couple of weeks before I need to be scheduling surgery so any more discussion is still very welcome.

Edited by ManinSpace

Thank you Levrais that is encouraging and much appreciated. I actually saw your thread a while ago whilst I was lurking and yours was one of the ones that alerted me to Bisanga, so thank you for maintaining such a thorough blog.I just looked through your journey again and it certainly looks like you are well on the way now! There was a point at around 4.5 to 7.5 months where you can see you have good shape back to your hair and that you were able to grow it out a bit again which would have been unadvisable in your pre op condition. That must have felt great having the confidence to grow it again. Thats the reason I love going through HT blogs, whenever I see one like yours, I feel so good for the person as Im assuming you must be feeling on top of the world with how its going. I would like a piece of that feeling! Thanks for the input, happy growing!

Manin,

Thanks for the comments. I look forward to hearing what you decide and ultimately seeing your results. I wish I had researched Feriduni so I could give you some balanced feedback as others have but Dr B was the only doc in Europe that I considered. When I was doing my research about 2 years ago, they were saying that Bisanga was "one of" the best in the world at fue. I honestly could not figure out who the others were that they were comparing him to. Anyway, you are correct that having more hair and additional styling options is a good feeling but then hair greed starts creeping in, lol. Best of luck to you in making your decision and please feel free ask any questions that may come up.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Haha well I feel anyone who has hairloss and then finds they can turn the tide is entitled to a little 'hair greed', who can blame people for trying to get as much as they can? I certainly can see why when its looking that good on top and you are so close to perfection why you would want to keep going with it, those temple points will definately be worth it!

I remember when i started meds i said, well if i can just maintain ill be happy, then i started to regrow hair, now im scheduling a HT. Watching the undoing of years of recession is as addictive as the loss was painful, its the ecstatic yin to the crying myself to sleep yang!