swimming after procedure

dingdong12

hi , i am heading for hotel break and would like to make use of the lovely facilities such as swimming pool on offer.

on day of going i shall be 25 days post o

do you think this is sufficient time to do no harm to new grafts, i dont plan on doing any strenuous swimming just chillingn inthe pool

what do you guys think of wearing swimming cap to keep water out ??

You should check with your clinic because the post op instructions can vary. I was told no swimming in chlorinated water for 3 months. I would not want to wear something as tight as a swim cap so soon either.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

hi , i am heading for hotel break and would like to make use of the lovely facilities such as swimming pool on offer.

on day of going i shall be 25 days post o

do you think this is sufficient time to do no harm to new grafts, i dont plan on doing any strenuous swimming just chillingn inthe pool

what do you guys think of wearing swimming cap to keep water out ??

I would think a hotel swimming pool is really really chlorinated as well...just for their protection...I wouldn't push it....

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Imo You are absolutely fine to swim 25 days post op. Chlorine can make your hair dry and brittle (oxidation) but I do not see how it would possibly effect grafts that were surgically implanted that long ago.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Imo You are absolutely fine to swim 25 days post op. Chlorine can make your hair dry and brittle (oxidation) but I do not see how it would possibly effect grafts that were surgically implanted that long ago.

Yea, thats basically what I meant...it can't hurt the grafts, just makes your hair brittle and dry...I used to swim a ton for workouts, and my hair would drive me crazy the way it would feel...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

@Newhair, I hear ya, it's definitely harsh on the hair cuticle, but any grafts that he still has left should be falling out soon anyway. As far as wearing a swim cap, again, I don't see how that can hurt, especially if just wearing it for a few hours. I think some clinic's post-op instructions are a bit over-cautious, but I suppose it's better to instruct people to be more careful than less. Good growing to you DD!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

at times i become confused with info out there re transplanted hair. if a graft can only be surgically removed after ten days or so how would wearing a swim cap cause any damage to the grafts???thanks hairthere

Edited by dingdong12

I've never actually worn a swim cap so I could be wrong but from what it looks like its very snug and would put a lot of pressure on the hair and scalp. I'm not suggesting that it would dislodge a graft but at the 25 day point I was still in "be gentle" mode trying to avoid hitting my head or putting unnecessary pressure on the grafts.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874