exercise after ht

Hi,

I would like to ask the forum how soon I can start to exercise after ht, I am 17 days post Ht, my workout consists of this, 60 minutes on treadmill walking very fast up hill, at the end of workout I am very very sweaty and continually wiping sweat from forehead during workout, this is followed by 30 minute swim and then steamroom, I ask because as usual I read conflicting reports, I am missing my exercise as it makes me feel good and keeps my weight down, I do not get seriouly out of breath and I do not touch any weights or machines, only treadmill and swim, would love to start it again but will not do anything that can affect my future hair growth or stretch my Ht scar, would love to hear the forum's thoughts on this, thanks in advance.

Hi, i started back into exercise 3 weeks after my HT. Answers seem to vary so best checking with the clinic that carried out your HT. Some people say 2 weeks some say a month, i went for the inbetween:). I think as long as your careful and dont do anything too stressful you should be fine after a couple of weeks. But like i said the answer varies from clinic to clinic.

Hope this helps. Congrats on your HT.

Kind Regards

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

im 15 days post op and started back yesterday doing weights ensuring i keep good form. from my understanding at this point it is only the donor area that can be affected at this stage and not the transplanted hair??

i was advised to not use sauna or steam room for 4 weeks after surgery.

I started light cardio about two weeks after and started running about a month after. I waited about 2 months to do any weights and started out very light. This was a conservative approach.......my thought was why risk any scar stretching? Lots of varying opinions on this.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Just be smart and don't over do it!! Certainly no sauna or steam room and I wouldn't swim right now either...just be scared the chlorine would be too much...FYI, Dr Rahal advises NO EXERCISE for 1 month...I know, it sucks, I feel like a fat tub of goo!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

yeh, newhairplease, I agree with you, got to be sensible, I won't do anything for a month and then take it slow, can't do anything which will jeopardise my new hair/scar tissue, hate not being able to exercise but I knew this would happen when I decided to go down this road.

Hi,

From my understanding depending on the exercise it could be the recipient area (lower yield) and if lifting heavy weights the scar may stretch a bit. The clinic is obviously being conservative with their approach just in case a client goes full bore exercising after a short time after their HT.

Hi Wrapper my doctors post-op recommendation is to avoid swimming in chlorine pools for 4 weeks because the chemicals may be harmful to the newly transplanted grafts.

Btw when you had you surgery with Doctor Pathomvanich did you get to meet Doctor Kulukarn? She performed my HT 18 months ago and she's a good surgeon and nice lady.

Regards

rdo

Rod G,

Thanks for the reply, no I didn't get to meet Dr Kulukarn or if I did I wasn't aware of it as you know you're eyes are covered for a lot of time and I slept a lot, they're a good team in Bangkok, I was very impressed and happy with them, my new hairs are growing really well (shame they're going to fall out) and my scar's not giving me much bother, post op' has been absolutely no problems for me, I think I will start light exercise today, keep out of the pool for a little longer.

Hi Wrapper,

Is this your first HT with DHT Clinic? I found them to be a very professional team and try their best to provide consistent hair transplant results.

I had a second HT with a surgeon who trained with Doctor Pathomvanich for 18 months and she speaks very highly of him. I hope your HT grows well for you.

Cheers Rod

Thanks Rod,

first Ht with the clinic, definitely need and want another ht which I will get in 12 months time, your's was one of the cases I read about priot to my ht which helped me decide on the DHT clinic, I am pretty sure I chose well, I will stick with Dr Path' though.

Rod G,

your case is so very similar to my own, almost the same number of grafts and hairs transplanted, and very similar level of hair loss, I'm 4 years younger than you, hope you don't mind me asking Rod, you last posted pic's 5 months ago, has there been a further improvement since then, and are you considering/getting another Ht, must be easy to get greedy and want more, I really have no choice if I want the job done properly as I have still a large bald and untouched crown area.