Considerning second HT,pls advise

Anil

HI ,

I am 30 yr old male.

I have heridetary baldness problem.

I have done HT 3 yrs ago in front area by strip meathod with aravidn ****** in delhi ,india. Around 1400 grafts

Now problem with top and crown are loosing hair, i am considering second sitting of hair transplant so that i can cover complete area.

since its top and crown area,shall i go with low density covering complete area.

Let me know ur thoughts.

You should be using propecia and rogaine to stop further loss ans possibly regrow your dormant hair, especially since it looks like you're a Norwood 6 possibly 7. You probably don't have enough donor to cover the crown focus on the front half.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

There is a graft calculator tool on this forum that is very handy and will give you a good idea of how many grafts you will need and what type of density you can expect. Looks like you have good donor characteristics and having dark skin will help tremendously. I would say you could probably get total coverage with lesser density. You are going to need a lot more than 1400 grafts, though.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

There is a graft calculator tool on this forum that is very handy and will give you a good idea of how many grafts you will need and what type of density you can expect. Looks like you have good donor characteristics and having dark skin will help tremendously. I would say you could probably get total coverage with lesser density. You are going to need a lot more than 1400 grafts, though.

Hi hairthere,

Where can I find the graft calculator?

Cheers

HI Dutch,

Thanks for your reply,

please find my photos attached and let me know your opinion.

Like how many grafts needed for me to have complete coverage with low density.

Hello, in my opinion, I think you can get full coverage and slightly low density with 3k grafts, and your complexion would help a lot! You may then still have enough donor left in the tank for the future especially for the back of the crown area should it drop considerably. All this will depend on how many grafts you used in the past in your first op.

Either way, you should end up with a nice result as long as you go to a quality surgeon.

Thanks for you all replies.Thinking of 2nd HT with Dr.Aravind ****** ,Delhi.

But seems little bit expensive.

No way for me ,as i did my first HT with him only.

Tx for all the suggestions.

Still if any suggestions,pls advise me.

• 2 years later...