Considering FUE treatment

I have just turned 25 and have a receding hairline combined with thinning on the top. I have now for 3 months being taking propecia and have just started with rogaine foam. I also use Nizoral shampoo 3-5 times a week.

My plan is to continue the above treatment until the hair loss stops (it may have already its just hard to tell at this stage) and then go for a FUE surgery to get more density on the top and improve (not restore) my hairline.

I have been in communication with a Dr Hussain from "myhairclinic.com" he operates out of Norway, Denmark and Pakistan and due to the large difference in prices I plan to visit his Pakistan office. I am only 25 and cannot afford to pay 4-5 euro per graft. We have talked about taking approx 2000 grafts and from what I calculate online this seems to be the right amount.

I have done lots of research and to me this seems like a sensible plan to combat this dammed hair loss.

Do the experts and guys with experience out there agree?

And has anyone had experience with Dr Hussain??, he seems to know what he is doing and the results look good from what he shows. He also sent alot of information about post op care etc and has stressed the FUE needs to consider future hair loss etc, so to me he seems genuine.

Thanks in advance for your help, I will post some pictures soon.

Top.jpg.111b7e0770531e36aef30eda1ca4a5a2.jpg

Front.jpg.96c6197636b44ba421c8fef6614ffb31.jpg

Hello Rob.

Just looking at his website and my conclusion would be to definitely give him a miss.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I have never heard of that doc. Do your research. Dr. Keser from Turkey has the cheapest rate of fue I've seen at 3.50 Euro per graft while still turning out decent results. Some members of this board have posted satisfactory results of his fue work. Search his name on this forum. Don't skimp on price or you may end up spending more money for repair work in the long run.

I would go to Belgium and see Dr Devroye,Dr Feriduni or Dr Bisanga.

Or.... go to USA/Canada.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks guys but I am more interested in advice as to whether I am making the right decision to have fue in the first place, and secondly if anyone has heard of dr Hussain. I understand you all want to promote your own doctors but honestly I really can't afford 4-5 euro a graft.

I understand that money can be a big factor when determining whether or not to get a procedure done but getting a botched hair transplant from a "cheaper" doctor would be even worse than just keeping the hair you have. It's not about promoting our own doctors. There are a lot of very good doctors who have had great results with FUE -- Feller, Shapiro, Rahal, Lindsey, Umar, just to name a few I would call/email all these guys and see what they can do for you. Sometimes you can negotiate a decent price especially if you're flexible on dates. They might be able to get you in their calendar during a time they didn't have anything scheduled. But just so you know, FUE is always more expensive.

Because you're thinning behind the hairline and you've only been on meds a few months it might be best to wait it out a year or so and see if the meds help stabilize the hair loss and then you can make a decision on what to do. If you're looking only to restore the hairline then FUE might be the way to go but if you want to go all the way back and address the thinning I think a lot of doctors are going to suggest strip.

I hope that helps.

Thanks guys but I am more interested in advice as to whether I am making the right decision to have fue in the first place, and secondly if anyone has heard of dr Hussain. I understand you all want to promote your own doctors but honestly I really can't afford 4-5 euro a graft.

Honestly, I would say that if you can't afford the prices of say, Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga - you can't afford an FUE.

The two questions are related - you would most definitely benefit from an FUE procedure, but you will regret it for the rest of your life if you get it done by the wrong doctor. Even poor surgeons can show some good results so that's not enough to make a decision. You need to go to a doctor with a proven track record on forums like this, or you'll end up having to pay more later on to have the HT corrected.

My first advice to you is, seriously, please, never go to that unknown clinic to get your hair transplant done. You may well end up regretting it. I say this as a guy who was exactly in your position at 20, and went ahead with the procedure. It was not very well done, and right now I find myself having to have a second procedure with a more qualified doctor.

Secondly, give the Propecia and the Rogaine foam at least 6 months, or preferably longer, otherwise hair which might have re-grown may appear to be lost and transplanted over.

In summary, save up the extra money required for the FUE with a reputable clinic over the next year, whilst also giving the Propecia and Rogaine time to see their real effect. They alone could give you enough thickness to satisfy your needs (although this is unlikely). It is simply not worth getting an FUE if it isn't with a good doctor.

On a side note, 2000-2500 grafts looks about right for your hair loss, in my non-expert opinion.

Mate , myhairclinic is a hair mill , by this I mean Dr Hussain , puts his name only to a clinic , any old Doctor will be performing the proceedure , hence why it is cheaper at different clinics around the world !!!!!!!!!

And shooting posters down who are offering you real life sound advice is just plain arrogance on your part .

FUE is the most difficult way to perform a hair transplant , there really are just a handful of surgeons in the WORLD who can perform this proceedure with consistancy and the best and most natural results .

FUE is expensive due to the time and ammount of techs that are needed to remove thousands of INDIVIDUAL follicals from the side and back of you head , and then replace them before there are staved of blood for too long and run the risk of dieing .

These follicals need to be extracted without cutting to deep into your scalp .

Without transecting any other surrounding follicals .

Without tesion trauma when removing from your skin .

Without twisting trauma during extraction .

All this has to be done under a microscope and we are talking less than millimeter to work in , DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE JUST HOW INCREDIBLY HARD , EXHAUSTING AND DELICATE WORK FUE IS .

I'm a veteran of two transplants and have bee researching this shit since 2004 , been on finasteride since 2006 , and I see sooooooooo many people come on here and make mistake after mistake , this is not surgery to be taken lightly , NOT ALL SURGEONS ARE THE SAME !

I hope you really take a step back and realise just how close you are to making a massive life effecting mistake , listen to these posters , open your eyes not everyone one on here is "promoting there own surgeon" , these guys have been there , wore the t-shirt , got the scars and made the mistakes !

Forget hussain , forget the hair mill clinics , chose from one of only a handful of the worlds best , and even then only start down the hair transplant road if you have the funds to go with the best .

Stay on finasteride , use the shampoo , do this while you save up and research the best surgeons in the world , then , and only then , when you are finally , finacially comfortable to afford the best , start to look into consulting the best FUE surgeons in the world !

Your head , your life , do you really want to risk it ?

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hey Richie,

Thanks alot for your post and your detailed answer, I really think thats what I needed to hear and maybe why I came here in the first place hoping for someone to say just that. I think from the advice I have been given I will continue with the meds and see how those go in the next few months. I will use this time to find a good surgeon, maybe even someone suggested here.

By no means did I mean to shoot anyone down.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I would take propecia for at least a few more months, before you decide. Take it at the same time every day - there are people who will argue that this makes no difference, but it made a difference for me.

Also, would use minoxidil liquid over the foam, but this is a personal inkling.

Keep with the meds, i have been in similar situation to you but seems you have taken action way before i did. The meds should STOP further hair loss which should be your first point of call. In the meantime, take your time researching consulting with all docs comparing their recommendations/prices then maybe end of year or even better after least year of meds you could look at having treatment done

Good luck