Taking Medication but hair is still falling out - HELP!

Mission

Hey All!

Need your help. New to all of this but just can't find enough information.

I've been taking Proscar, 1.25mg/day for the last 2 months and religiously using the laser comb for the past yr, but my hair is still thinning - dramatically!

My hair is not only thinning (losing in diameter) but whenever I take a shower i just see my hair shed like crazy. I see some baby hairs growing on my hair line but not enough to cover my hair loss.

I'm about to go on a 2 month trip to India and I'm scared that when I come back my hair will be all gone.

I feel like I'm doing everything to keep my hair healthy but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something? and what can I do on my trip to help maintain my hair?

Thanks,

M

Hey All!

Need your help. New to all of this but just can't find enough information.

I've been taking Proscar, 1.25mg/day for the last 2 months and religiously using the laser comb for the past yr, but my hair is still thinning - dramatically!

My hair is not only thinning (losing in diameter) but whenever I take a shower i just see my hair shed like crazy. I see some baby hairs growing on my hair line but not enough to cover my hair loss.

I'm about to go on a 2 month trip to India and I'm scared that when I come back my hair will be all gone.

I feel like I'm doing everything to keep my hair healthy but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something? and what can I do on my trip to help maintain my hair?

Thanks,

M

Mission,

Regarding Proscar, propecia, finasteride, (however you wish to address it), results are not visible until the earliest, 3 month period. Plus in this initial 3 month stage further hair "shedding" will occur as the hairs growth cycle is effected. Therefore, unless you hairloss is outrageously severe, which I would imagine this not to be the case (however it may feel this way personally, always does), then you should not worry beyond the norm.

Perhaps consider using Minoxidil/Rogaine along with Proscar. It comes in a foam or gel format and should be applied to the scalp on a daily basis. This is also FDA approved and many seem to reap the rewards. Maybe somebody can correct me if Im wrong, but I believe in the US, this can just be purchased "over the counter".

Hope this helps. Try not to worry too much, hopefully it will all stabalise in due time. Good luck and have a great trip through India.

Ciao.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

P.S. - Sorry

Whilst for sure the laser comb wont be detremental to you current hairloss, you may want to be somewhat realistic regarding what it can achieve. Just search through various posts on this forum on the subject and maybe learn a litte more. There are too many sceptics for my liking. By all means continue using, and I really hope it works for you. But it may be somewhat, a waste of your time. One very respected coalition surgeon on these boards is Dr Feller, NY. He argues a very good point regarding the non-results of this product, maybe look out for him. Much luck!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.