Finasteride

sjones23

sjones23,

Some guys (myself included) experience minor testicular pain when first starting. It normally subsided after a couple of weeks. I'm not sure about nipple pain though.

If you do decide to try it again, I suggest building up a tolerance slowly. In fact, when I was taking finasteride, I only took it on a MWF schedule. I found that this reduced the minor sides I was experiencing.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I should add that it's always best to consult your physician when experiencing side effects from any drug. Since gynecomastia (male breast enlargement) is a known side effect, I would err on the side of caution.

Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I had the same problem after a week or so and decided to ditch it. It was a concern for me because when I was 13 or 14 I had spike of testosterone and a growth spurt but as I hadn't had such high T levels before there was not a lot of DHT in place to antagonise some of the T from converting to oestrogen/estrogen and I got a small amount of breast tissue. It wasn't visible with a t-shirt on but it annoyed the hell out of me. Thankfully DHT levels rose and the small nodule of tissue disappeared after a couple of months.

Didn't want to be permanently in for that so I got off it. I guess for some people it definitely does weird things. I know some people advice taking 1mg M-W-F and that may help but it would probably be even better in terms of side effects to take 0.5mg every day to maintain more constant target levels rather than yo-yo-ing. All the best with whatever you decide.

I understand that many side effects present shortly after starting the drug and then subside within a short time. Is that the experience many users have found to be true? Have any of you stopped taking propecia because of the impending lawsuits against Merck?

I had some mild groin pain twice that lasted a day or two and then went away. I have been taking it for a year, but I am starting to rethink whether or not I want to continue it.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I did see some benefits and I may continue it. My native hair seems healthier and thicker. I just get concerned from time to time about the potential long term side effects.

I had some mild groin pain twice that lasted a day or two and then went away. I have been taking it for a year, but I am starting to rethink whether or not I want to continue it.

Hey orlhair, I am trying to decide whether or not to start proscar at the present moment. These lawsuits are freaking me out a bit, I must admit, but on the other hand lawsuits against drugmakers are so common place in the U.S. that you really have to wonder if it has any true merit.

I occassionally have to get a steroid injection called Kenalog in order to control a very bad sinus condition I have. I did some research on the drug and from what I read on the internet you'd think you would die from taking it. I stumbled upon forum after forum with comments like "Stay away from this drug, it will ruin your life" and so on. It is difficult to filter out the anecdotal stories from the real evidence when trying to form an opinion.

You mentioned you had some minor pain that went away. Are you having second thoughts about Propecia because of the lawsuit?? The thought of having to take propecia/proscar for the rest of your life is daunting really. The thought of having a transplant and then having the hair on your sides and back fall out leaving you with a weird looking island of hair on the top of your head is an equally daunting proposition. Yikes...

Hey orlhair, I am trying to decide whether or not to start proscar at the present moment. These lawsuits are freaking me out a bit, I must admit, but on the other hand lawsuits against drugmakers are so common place in the U.S. that you really have to wonder if it has any true merit.

I occassionally have to get a steroid injection called Kenalog in order to control a very bad sinus condition I have. I did some research on the drug and from what I read on the internet you'd think you would die from taking it. I stumbled upon forum after forum with comments like "Stay away from this drug, it will ruin your life" and so on. It is difficult to filter out the anecdotal stories from the real evidence when trying to form an opinion.

You mentioned you had some minor pain that went away. Are you having second thoughts about Propecia because of the lawsuit?? The thought of having to take propecia/proscar for the rest of your life is daunting really. The thought of having a transplant and then having the hair on your sides and back fall out leaving you with a weird looking island of hair on the top of your head is an equally daunting proposition. Yikes...

I agree......lawsuits are filed all the time and they certainly don't mean there really is anything wrong with the drug (there are probably similar amounts of lawsuits filed for almost every prescription drug)........all drugs have potential side effects. I really don't buy into the hype on the internet about it (though I think I have read it all :) )......I really just don't like taking medication of any kind. I had almost no side effects at all from it and now I have none. I think at the end of the day I am just going to keep taking it. I am used to it now and my hair is definitely healthier and fuller and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible.

Only in the Us do you get lawsuit after lawsuit, the litigation system in america cries out for this stuff. Any way in to a technicality and its a bloody lawsuit,

Try it again but taper urself up slowly over a good 6-8 weeks this is a lifelong drug so take ur time with it

uk r

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

-----------------------------------