Does late shedding correspond to late growth?

I'v been carefully watching but didn't experience shedding for first 3 weeks. However today was the first day that I noticed hair falling and I could as well see the grafted hairs starting to lay down over scalp (sign of shedding to come). In my estimate, I will complete hair to shed by weeks 5 (and more probably week 6).

Theoretically I would say the sooner you shed the hair the more they get a chance to grow early. Does this theory hold in practice?

Hi

At the end of the day, it takes 12-16 months for the "new" hair to grow in . No sense in "splitting hairs" to determine how quick or slow the new grafts will appear.

Relax and enjoy the ride

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

What. That has to be a first, 12-16 months to grow new hair ... and I dont think anyone would enjoy That!!! :) For all purposes, I believe it is 3-7 months to see new hair growth.

What I am asking is about a "correlation", whether it has been studied between late-shedding and the new hair-growth periods. As well, I think collecting such data - you never discount, could provide some anatomy and advances in hair-care.

Hi

At the end of the day, it takes 12-16 months for the "new" hair to grow in . No sense in "splitting hairs" to determine how quick or slow the new grafts will appear.

Relax and enjoy the ride

Hello

My bad, let me clarify: " 12-16 months" for a final result regarding growth. I am not sure of your question, a valid one. My point is , does it really matter if it takes a year or so from your date of transplant to see the final result.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Off course it does. When you educate yourself, as well you study about something on which you have made a sacrifice (i.e. your decision to do a HT), it is an important subject I would say, and it is something that you would enjoy knowing about and forming/finding out correlations such as these.

Hello

My bad, let me clarify: " 12-16 months" for a final result regarding growth. I am not sure of your question, a valid one. My point is , does it really matter if it takes a year or so from your date of transplant to see the final result.

Agreed, but you can drive yourself crazy analyzing to much sometimes ( been there done that). The hardest part of the transplant itself is the "waiting."

After my first I just try to forget and enjoy the ride!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Last one was just to fill in the crown a little bit . No need to get FUT for this small procedure. At this point, my hair is looking damn good so it's just icing on the cake

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Last one was just to fill in the crown a little bit . No need to get FUT for this small procedure. At this point, my hair is looking damn good so it's just icing on the cake

I've heard that for receding hairline young patients, FUE is better suited because it is a minor procedure, but I've heard that FUT has greater yields. Is it possible to use FUT for a receding hairline (Norwood 2)?

Not sure how old you are? I always advise to explore Finasteride first (to stabilize hairloss). FUT is less expensive and easier to get a higher yield.

There are many different combinations to acheive a good result. It really depends on a host of factors: Money, time, amount of hairloss and personal goals.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I am 28. Thanks for the advice. Combing my hair helps cover the receding sidelines. But because of the side-effects of finasteride I take .25 mg every three days, minoxidil 5% and biotin shampoo and tablets.

Personally I don't believe there is any correlation. The difference in shedding onset you're talking about is small (you're talking days really) and the variation in the time it takes for the grafts to grow and the result to take shape varies by a greater amount of time. I just don't see any pattern of correlation.

Plus, the perception of how quickly the grafts are being shed can depend somewhat on how a patient is treating their recipient area. More aggressive washing taking place sooner will dislodge the hairs faster than if you leave the area alone.

By the way, I think your estimation of how long it'll take to complete the shed will probably not be correct. Usually, once the shedding has begun, a patient will notice it all happens quickly from then on.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Interesting question. For me lately i've been thinking that late shedding is the best because quite simply if it grows straight off it's clearly had less of a bumpy journey and could be stronger in the long run i also believe that the hairs that shock out within a few days of surgery seem to take 3-4 months to grow back a lot like healthy hairs do during the telogen phase.

It's also my assumption from watching and following peoples growth progress that if your new ht hairs stay in longer lets say for a month or two then the head doesn't seem to go through a really bad ugly duckling phase which must mean that the ht hairs that do drop out do so spread out over a longer period separately and grow back almost straight away.

This is just my theory but for my next ht i'm planning not to wash my head as much and to keep my ht hairs in my scalp for as long as i can which means a very softly softly approach as opposed to washing the scabs off after 5 days.

My first op was a 800 fue session in my crown done by a butcher in the uk, the surgeon didn't even give me any post op instructions so i applied my own common sense which was to be conservative which meant i didn't wash my head once for over 2 full weeks after the op, i also never removed the scabs but they came off them selves naturally when i started washing around 3 weeks. The hairs during that op grew like you wouldn't believe and i was over the moon with the growth considering it was fue, in the crown, and done by a butcher.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk