Need Serious Help- New member

bjk1903

This post contradicts your last post...anyway, do what you said,, stick it out...shedding is a good thing...hard too watch but it is a good thing...:)

That last post was before I started the big 3. At that point I was only washing my hair everyday and taking a supplement specifically for hair. Ever since starting medication, the hair has been getting thinner and shedding has increased.

That last post was before I started the big 3. At that point I was only washing my hair everyday and taking a supplement specifically for hair. Ever since starting medication, the hair has been getting thinner and shedding has increased.

Give it time...I think you will certainly see improvement...

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

OK. Somebody please help me. All this ACell bs that I'm starting to read about is driving me crazy. Clearly, despite those injections, you are losing hair. I am very leary about the whole thing.

What are these doctors charging you for unproven, experiemental treatments? In fact, if it is just experiemental, they should not be charging you at all. Nothing. Is it FDA approved?

I did a search on this stuff and there are only a couple doctors recommending it or doing it and I think they should be putting on their info "EXPERIEMENTAL ONLY AT THIS TIME" not proven therapy.

Just my 2 cents.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

• 1 month later...

Update on my situation: It's been roughly 3 months since I started my treatments(Big 3, Acell/PrP, and other stuff) and so far I see a minimal difference in my hair(looks healthier, maybe slightly thicker) but it's not getting worse as of right now. Main difference is my shedding has decreased. I would lose a lot of hair after each shower and now not so much. Even when I would comb after a shower, the whole comb would be covered in hair. Now none, so maybe it is improving, we shall see. My scalp however has improved greatly. No longer is it red or oily. Also my hair would get oily the very next day after I showered and it is no longer the case anymore. I shower in the morning and wake up the next day and my hair looks just about the same whereas before it would be getting quite oily. Ill update around May 18th after my followup with my doc. Hopefully I will see improvement by then and I can be of hope to others who want to try ACell/PrP treatment. I know everyone is gonna say but how do you know its Acell and not the others effecting your growth? and to that I say who cares!! if the treatments work that's all that matters. It means I found a winning combo and that others can try it for themselves :)

• 4 months later...

Thought I would update my status. Its been 8 months since I've started on the my treatment/medications and I can safely safe that I don't have any idea if my hair got worse or better. From the looks of it, its about the same as when I started. Shed and itch had been reduced after my last post but the last 3 weeks I have been shedding and itching like crazy. I did add 2% Niz and Rogaine liquid at nights to my treatment end of July, but I doubt this is what is doing it. I also posted pics for comparison. The latest is from July but the hair now is pretty much the same as those pics. Side effects wise, i do get an occasional testicle pain(comes and goes at random). ED sometimes, but this only happens when I am extremely stressed, and even then I get it up but its not as "impactful". Once the Neogenic from L'Oreal comes out, Im going to try that for 3 months. I mean I am trying everything so far and nothing worked so this can't make things worse lol.

Also question for all: When people say they only shed 3 hairs(or something really low) when they shower, are they really being serious? I mean on average a person loses 100 hairs per day. Before medications I would shed much more than 150 hairs per shower. After medications, during the good times it was down to about 30-40, now its at about 80ish. I have never gotten it down to what people on the forums claim. So does this mean that the medications for me are just barely working or not working at all?

Treatment:

Niz 1% M/W/F(mondays and fridays I use it as the first lather, then I wash with 2%)

Niz 2% M/F

Revita shampoo

Rogaine Foam 5% Every Morning

Rogaine Liquid 5% Every Night

Laser Comb Hairmax 12 M/W/F

Maxi-Hair Plus by Country Life(has a shit ton of biotin, MSM, vitamin Bs, Zinc, you name it, it has it lol)

Saw Palmetto and Nettle with Pumpkin by Solray

Aminexil (first 6 week treatment was in March/April, starting second 6 week treatment this week)

ACell/PrP injections in Jan 2012

5b32d4639e3f5_Jan2012.jpg.c7c57ebb51ade9db849193c82352b5a2.jpg

5b32d463b984a_Jan2012(2).jpg.6730e47b856e982c3622ea718429289b.jpg

5b32d463cc337_Jan2012(3).jpg.84da366a19cdbf85f1318e54437b4952.jpg

5b32d463dad23_Jan2012(4).jpg.f1cb8e6ebe68fdd43b9a8dd4f2d66f00.jpg

5b32d463ee38b_July2012.jpg.b2023e8457a14e86a2a97985e47a3ff1.jpg

5b32d46406dfc_July2012(2).jpg.d2feded56db30f3cfcab981cb64a363e.jpg

5b32d4641f4ed_July2012(3).jpg.15a23be6707ed855902e588f3843116f.jpg

no opinions, thoughts, suggestions?

P.S. I was already getting some facial hair in places which shouldn't, but they were not thick/colored so I didn't make much of it. This past month and a half those hairs are becoming terminal and now I have facial hair growing near my eye and above my eyebrows. Minox is turning me into a bald werewolf :D

P.P.S The shed and itching are becoming unbearable :(

Edited by bjk1903