NY area

hair01

Has anyone had a hair transplant w/ Dr. Bernstein in NY. i am 40 years old, thinning in the front, alot. lol. i hear horror stories and good stories and do not know what i should do. I am married so theirs one thing i do not have to worry about. I have been investigating this issue for the last 8 yrs and still do not know if i should do this. my father is completly bald, my brother who is older than me, has a full set of hair. my sides are thing and my back is thin and i have heard that i should not do this since my hair is very thin. please help...:confused:

Dr. Bernstein is very knowledgeable and does good work, but for me he was too conservative and a bit pricey (I actually live about 15 minutes from his office). I went with Dr. Feller because he does stellar work, understood my goals (was more aggressive with graft count than Bernstein), and was reasonably priced. I have been very happy with my decision.

You should consult with as many docs as you can and then weigh the pros and cons of each, and see which one feels like the right fit.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree with Hairthere...Bernstein seems conservative. Search around this site and you will see the work of other great doctors. I had my procedure with Dr. Rahal...check out my website to help you out. You want to see the reviews on the doctor you are picking so if there are any "horror" stories as you put it you should try to stay away. I wouldn't focus so much on location as you really want to focus on the doctor as a HT is a lifelong thing and you don't want to go to a dr because he is local and regret it.

I generally agree that travel should not be a big factor in your decision. But in NY, you can do consults with Dr. Feller and with True & Dorin in addition to Dr. Bernstein to give you some comparisons. If you don't click with any of them, then look elsewhere. There are a lot of great clinics to consult with and if they are not near you online consults are a good alternative.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I would consult with the docs mentioned above, both T&D and Bernstein may be conservative but I don't think this is a bad thing at all. I actually prefer this approach for certain patients because of the unpredictability of hair loss patterns.

I would consult with the docs mentioned above, both T&D and Bernstein may be conservative but I don't think this is a bad thing at all. I actually prefer this approach for certain patients because of the unpredictability of hair loss patterns.

I agree with you N-6. Some patients are not good candidates for ht surgery at all.

hair01,

If you are hesitant at all on ht surgery, you should put it off. You should have surgery only if that's what YOU really want. Go into it with your eyes wide open with realistic expectations and goals. You say you've been thinking about it and researching for 8 years so you know donor supply is limited.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.