Surgeon recommendations

gstar

I want to try and get a consultation asap, with the aim of getting a HT done within the next 6-8 weeks however all the surgeons reccomended on here have huge waiting lists.

I have to wait until June to get a consultation with Dr Farjo. (who I heard is the best) and then god knows how long before the actual procedure.

I am moving to the other side of the world in March and I really wanted to have surgery done before the move. Do I have a hope in hell ??

Thanks

Yes, you do have hope. Most clinics have an online option of conducting consultations. As long s your photos are clear, focused and in good lighting then you should be able to get an accurate recommendation. Then, you can ask to be placed on a standby list for when any openings come up. The only caveat is that you'll have to have a flexible schedule as openings are unpredictable.

Good luck.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Is there anyone else in the UK that I should consider?

I know the UK doesnt have very many good HT surgeons. I only know Dr Farjo from Duncan Bannatyne and reading reports on here :)

I appreciate the good ones are expensive and have long waiting list

I had my HT within 3 months of calling and asking for a consultation, so you definitely have a chance.

Please make sure that you don't end up sacrificing quality just to get a HT done by a certain date however.

Please make sure that you don't end up sacrificing quality just to get a HT done by a certain date however.

Thanks man. If I have to wait for quality then so be it.

Shame there doesn't seem to be any good HT surgeons in Australia :(

You don't need to limit yourself to UK. There are many recommended surgeons throughout Europe which you could consider.

I believe that there is also a quality one in Thailand who you might be able to visit after arriving in aus.

Is there anyone else in the UK that I should consider?

I know the UK doesnt have very many good HT surgeons. I only know Dr Farjo from Duncan Bannatyne and reading reports on here :)

I appreciate the good ones are expensive and have long waiting list

The UK doesn't seem to have any other decent surgeons other than Dr. Farjo from my research and IMO. Be careful & stay away, in Europe there are a few excellent surgeons as mentioned earlier like the doctors in Belgium. Do your research and don't rush into anything :eek:

Edited by Dutch

Thanks guy.

The surgeon in Bangkok can accomodate me in mid Feb on a cancellation. I guess I could make sure I am in Thailand then on my way to Australia.

I really want to visit a surgeon in the UK just for the consultation though before I take time out in Bangkok.

Is there anyone other than Farjo would could give me an honest assessment or do I need to visit Belgium/ Germany ?

Thanks

Gstar,

I have just seen your post.

If you e mail me directly I will see what I can do.Although we are not able to do the treatment within your time frame,we will always be happy to give an opinion.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Gstar,

I have just seen your post.

If you e mail me directly I will see what I can do.Although we are not able to do the treatment within your time frame,we will always be happy to give an opinion.

Mick

Thanks I've dropped you a pm.

The UK doesn't have any other decent surgeons. Be careful & stay away, in Europe there are a few excellent surgeons as mentioned earlier like the doctors in Belgium. Do your research and don't rush into anything :eek:

Dutch,

What information or facts are you basing these comments on? Dr. Farjo has a proven history of producing excellent results, on par with leading surgeons in North America and other parts of Europe. There are dozens of examples of their results posted by the clinic and their patients on this forum. Moreover, Patrick Hennessey, publisher of the Hair Transplant Network visited and observed them in live surgery and found their procedure to be state of the art. To see the highlights from Pat's visit to the Farjo clinic, visit "Photos from May Visit to the Farjo Clinic in Manchester, England".

The "dogma" that there are no quality surgeons in the UK is long dead. It's time to get current with the times.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill, you misunderstood completely. Some confusion here.

I said OTHER. I meant other than Dr. Farjo. I've been to a few consultations in London & the so called clinics seemed dangerous. Been suffering with dht for 15 years.

I'm aware of Dr. Bessam's work & visited his site & have seen some of his work. A close friend of mine was operated on by Dr. Farjo & speaks highly of him & his partner & their team. He's a contributing writer on Dr. Rassman's Balding Blog which I read daily.

I wanted to book a consultation with Dr. Farjo last year. Waiting list was 6 months by which time I'd already been operated on by Dr. Hasson. I wouldn't have considered him if I thought he was a butcher.

Will edit previous post on this topic to further clear up the confusion. Best wishes to all.

Dutch,

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry if I misunderstood your last post.

The Farjos do indeed have a long waiting list as it appears that their popularity has grown, in large part due to the number of satisfied patients sharing their experiences and photos on this community. Perhaps we ought to spend some time looking and researching other prospective physicians in the UK doing ultra refined work on par with the Farjos. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know and we'll be happy to consider them.

Best wishes,

Bill

Keep in mind that while schedules can fill up to a point months in advance, there can be odd days that are still available as well as cancellation lists. It's always best to contact a clinic and see if they can accomodate you.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Matt,

That is an excellent point that you make.

Bill,

I have been working on ways to reduce our waiting list and have now whittled it down to only a few weeks.

It is true that those patients from London may wait to see our Doctor's but they can come in earlier for an overview with myself or my colleague Mark.

If suitable, they can be fast tracked to see one of our Doctor's for a shorter appointment to deal with the specifics of a proposed treatment plan.

If anyone wishes to visit and this is not the case, please e mail me at mick@farjo.com and I will ensure that the above happens.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

As others mention here there are good opportunities to get an earlier HT if you’re on the waiting list.

Of European doctors I looked into Devroye, Feriduni and Besinga and they all had about 4 month waiting. However, as I told them I could be interested in filling a cancelled spot I was offered an earlier appointment with all three of them within about three weeks of telling about my interest. The first two I couldn’t make but the third one fit me perfectly.

So unless you have narrowed your shortlist down to just one doctor (I had three in EU and three in US) it should be possible to get an appointment with one of the best ones without having to wait six months.