multiple procedures no growth

I'm 45 and have had five smallish procedures over the past 12 years. four fut and the last fue. The only growth i've ever gotten was from the first. This last fue method was the first transplant i've had in nearly 10 years. I've had about 2000 grafts total from the five procedures. I realize that yield with subsequent procedures can decrease but i seriously have gotten zero results from three different doctors. It's been 4 months from this final one and just as i expected, it's not looking good. nothing. whats so frustrating is the fact that i'm receding very little in my middle age and don't need a whole lot of results. Has anyone else had a similar story. Decent yield from an initial procedure and then no results from later ones.

Did you move on to a different doc after the initial procedure that had growth? There are all kinds of stories out there where patients have varying levels of success so I'm inclined to say that yes, there are others with stories similar to yours. However, your statement about ever decreasing yield on additional procedures is not exactly correct. There are many factors that influence how a procedure turns out. For instance, I've had six strip surgeries and my first two did not grow so well (thank God). The subsequent four procedures turned out great with no noticeable difference in final yield.

I'd really like to see a series of photos of your case, before and afters from each procedure till now. And for what it's worth, seeing any major difference at four months is the exception, not the norm, so don't label this as another failure. Just give it the time it deserves to do what it's going to do.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

2,000 grafts between 5 procedures then averages abpout 400 grafts at a time, but possible one or so had more than 400 grafts. What I am leading to is that an average of 400 grafts or so will not produce that much visual difference and espcially if the grafts were spaced apart or were placed to keep your hairline from appearing like it is thinning.

Pics would be nice but we will leave that up to you. Any reason why you did not go back to the first doc that gave you the best result?

It is very rare to not have the yield between that many seperate docs/clinics.

I wish you the very best but would think twice about doing any more. Glad to hear that you still have some decent coverage left!:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have a blog at the baldtruth community.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have a blog at the baldtruth community.

My bad I should have hit quote,but I was talking about Chadbo66 in my post above,just wondering if he used some run of the mill clinics or reputable clinics.