Gym post op

So many different opinions on how long to take off from the gym after an ht. I feel most doctors generally want to play it ultra conservative, while a few feel 7-10 days after the ht is sufficient healing time. I have my ht in 3 weeks and hope to return to the gym at the 10 day mark. I don't see the big issue here as long as you use moderate weight with good firm. I can understand if your lifting heavy and are using poor form how that may stretch the donor scar but guys taking 3-6 months off seems uneccesary. Anyone return to the gym at the 10 day mark or before? Thanks

Do some light cardio in the first couple weeks or so. Avoid crunches or anything that causes strain on the neck. Don't do any heavy weights for a couple months - you'll feel it in the back of your head if it's too much too soon, believe me.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I went extra hard weight wise up until I was supposed to stop prior to my HT. Everyone heals differently but I did cardio/no weights beginning at about 2 weeks post-op and only today (almost 6 weeks post-op) resumed some very light weights (low weight, high reps). Its always good to change up your workouts and the time off from weights was a nice rest and repair for me.

I started lifting again 2 months after the HT. I gained weight but it was worth it. My donor area was still a little sore @ 2 months post op. It didnt stretch, as a matter of fact I trimmed my hair with a #3 blade and the scar does not show.

If you think it feels fine for you to lift again 2 weeks post op then go ahead, I wouldnt do it but its your call