Black men looking for help!

fabolouz

Hi Members!

I have been doing I lot of research and it has probably going on for more then four years now and its just making me more confused then before.

So I am posting here to make a decision to either do a HT or just give this up!

This is my first thread, and the questions I had is concerning FUE and Strip. My first choose is of course FUE because of the short hairstyle I would prefer but from the info on this website and from other research I had done, you get I better result from Strip if its more then 700 graft? Is this true?

I have been in contact with a couple of DR but I have just send pictures of me to two offices. DR feller and Dr Epstein

The office from Dr feller (New York) told me that it was to late for me to get an Hair transplant, and even if the guy that I had contact with was aggressive in his emails I kind of appreciated it. I see that many recommend this DR Feller on this website so is there maybe an other explanation to why the would say that I wasn’t I good candidate?

Speaking to Dr Epstein (in Miami) office they said this was untrue and I could do an FUE and get I great result. They recommended between 2,200-2,600 grafts. The contact I had with this office was very good, they were professional and was careful of giving me false hope, and there website is the only one I have found that has several pictures from black men.

Could anyone give some feedback regarding doing a Hair Transplant as a black man that lives in Europe?

Thank you fore your time and I would very much appreciate your feedback, as you know the feeling of finding the right DR and information.

This is the deal Fab, African American males have very curly hair and the root of your hair tends to curl under the skin as well too, not all the time but most of the time. So with FUE the tool they use to take the hairs out is like a puncher and they cant go at angles to take the hair out with the puncher. So for example he starts taking the hairs out using the punch it can only go straight down and if the root is curling under your skin which happens a lot with african american males it will just damage the root and the HT will fail. What i would recommend you doing is make a consultation with one of the recommended doctors on this site, Then do a small 100 fue session and as the doctor is doing the session he can tell if your roots are curling under your skin, he will either stop the surgery or advise you doing strip. Everyone with a good donor supply is a candidate for strip. Hope that helps man.

Do a small test session if you want FUE. It's just a bit more difficult for black guys for exactly the reasons Bowser stated.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Strip scars look stupid on Afros too unless it's very thin it's quite noticeable due to the fact Afro hairs are quite sparse and don't just hang down over the scar naturally. Fue test is the way to go.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thank you all for your input, I will once more try to find the right thing to do and get a closer regarding HT.

If I could work on my hairline and some in the front, I would be happy to have that look in the future because I have had a short look for over 8 years now. The only thing that I don?t want is that it gets totally bald on the top and get that shining baldness if you guys know what I mean.

Once again thank you, and if you have more recommendation I would gladly take them.

If you are not afraid of travel i would go see Dr Rahal in Canada. I had my 1626 Graft done FUE By him and i can truly say hes one of the best. He is also very ethical and would stop the surgery if he sees hes damaging the roots while hes extracting them thru FUE.