Hair Techs vs Hair Surgeons...Who is the most important to the final result?

1) How much of the overall result depends on the skill of hair transplant technicians?

It seems like the techs do the majority of insertions for the grafts as well processing them. I suppose the answer would be both the doctor and the techs are critical to the result, but I think the role of the techs may be underestimated. Perhaps the results are more reflective of the clinic itself as opposed to just the doctor.

2) Also which surgeons do a lot of the graft planting themselves? (I know Dr Konior is one and I think Dr. Cooley as well.)

I think that is kind of like saying, "what is more important to start a fire, fuel or oxygen?".

You need both to be on point for everything to go well. This brings up a good point. It is a wise question to ask if the doc has any new techs that will be working on you before you book.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker,

You bring up a very valid point about asking whether any new techs will be there for the procedure. If/when I have a transplant I will make sure that the most experienced ones are there for my procedure.

Clearly both doctors and the techs are critical to the overall procedure. Although theoretically if look at something like the ARTAS FUE procedure it could almost entirely be done be techs. It just seems like the techs in a lot of instances are overlooked and should also be a major factor in which clinic one may choose.

I agree that experienced technicians are very important. However, training new technicians without joepardizing the surgical results is possible. This type of surgery requires a team effort between doctor and staff as much as almost any other surgical procedure.

I agree that experienced technicians are very important. However, training new technicians without joepardizing the surgical results is possible. This type of surgery requires a team effort between doctor and staff as much as almost any other surgical procedure.

I agree that it is possible to train new techs without jeapordizing the result, but I would not be willing to be a patient for a non-seasoned tech.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.