Is 11 days enough recovery time

Hi

I know this has probably been mentiined so many times, but I will ask anyway.

Is 11 days enough recovery time for people not to notice that ive had a hair transplant ??

I still have quite a lot of hair so Im hoping that this will cover any evidence of the transplant. Ive heard that the scabs tend to fall out between days 8-10 , so with the existing hair I have , I hope that I will be ok ??

Regarding the scar - Once the stiches have been taken out, whats the lowest grade you realistically think I can get away to cover the scar (based on average density, although I think im more)

Cheers

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

I don't know the extent of your hair loss, how much work you're thinking of getting done and where you need it placed and importantly whether you're going to do strip or FUE (although if you're talking about sutures then youre doing strip), so its hard to be specific with your situation. That said, 11 days will generally be fine. I went back at day 15 and no one noticed anything even though I had staples in.

Recipient area-scabs should be gone by day 11, you might have some lingering redness and may experience some shock loss. So this may or may not call attention to your scalp but i dont think enough for people to assume you underwent a procedure. It is also important to know if you plan to have surgery with a surgeon who shaves the recipient area because this could dramatically change your appearance post-op.

Donor-As i said, I went back with staples and this was my biggest concern, but with some concealer, no one said a thing to me. It is important that you have enough hair to cover the scar and how much you need will vary with the patient. If you have good donor density then this a plus. Other factors are obviously your hair length in the donor area, how much hair the surgeon trims in the donor area and possible donor shock loss. People on here say 1-1 1/2 inches but I would play it safe with at least 2 inches back there since every patient is different. Eventually you should be able to cut your hair closer in the donor area, in my experience, this happens around month 5-6.

Who will your doctor be? Reason being is that some docs shave the recipient area so that will hinder your appearance drastically in the beginning. I am on Day 11 and I haven't really had too many scabs for yet...seems to be starting to a little. I would book at least 2 weeks off from work minimum...depends what kind of work u do...if you can wear a hat you should be fine after 2 weeks...u have any good pics?!

Yeah Caps right

If you have the recepient area shaved, it's gonna be noticeable at two weeks. There are a lot of recommended doctors who do not require a shave. If this is a sticking point for you, meaning if you have to go back to work in two weeks, you might wanna consult one of them.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

If you wash your hair as directed most of the scabs should have fallen off in 7-8 days. There are some little tricks that help expedite this process which can be used 7 days post-op. There can be some redness that appears as a slight sunburn after all the scabs come off. The more fair skinned a patient is the longer it takes for the redness to go away.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I only have the 3 photos which are on this site.

Most of the people close to me think Im a bit of an idiot as they have not noticed the fact that im losing hair.

At the moment I havent decided on what procedure FUT or FUE . I will discuss this with the surgeon at the pre op consultation.

My doctor will be Marwan Saifi who is based in Poland. He doesnt require a shave on the recipient area. From mermory I think he said a similar thing to me as DR Farjo, where he prefers a little lenghth as a guide from the native hair.

Im not too worried about the redness , just the scar really being the main issue.

I suppose the good thing is that I already have a scar at the back of my head which a lot of people have seen , so I may just tell people Im having a scar reduction, but I dont want to draw too much attention to it.

Im afraid I cant wear a hat at work as I work in an office.

Cheers

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

If you wash your hair as directed most of the scabs should have fallen off in 7-8 days. There are some little tricks that help expedite this process which can be used 7 days post-op. There can be some redness that appears as a slight sunburn after all the scabs come off. The more fair skinned a patient is the longer it takes for the redness to go away.

Hi Dr Charles

what tricks are there to expedite the removal of the scabs?