PICS POSTED...check out my website!!! Dr. RAHAL 4,616 FUT

Capelli11

Hey Everyone!

Pictures are posted!!! I will do the first 7 days which today is day 7...then weekly updates after that I guess.

I received the break-out of the surgery:

Total Grafts: 4,616

1's - 1016

2's - 2410

3's - 1190

Total hairs 9,406

Size of donor tissue (strip)- 39 cm

Size of recipient area worked on - 92 cm

Questions...I am still tight...how long does this last? I gather it gets better once the sutures are removed? Also...I am still sleeping in my recliner...when does everyone go back to sleeping in a bed? Reason being I don't want to roll over and touch the grafts!

I'm still in love with my hairline...can't stop looking at it!!!

My tightness lasted for a whole month. So you still have a few days to go. It is all part of the healing process.

I read a lot of people here saying that its gets better when the sutures are removed. So I started to expect some magic relief to happen once my sutures got removed but that did not happen. It took a few days after that for the pain/tightness to subside. So, while I would agree that it does get better, it is gradual so please do not expect the magic relief that I wrongly did.

I slept at the 45 degree angle for almost a month even though it is needed for a few days post-op only. This is not because I was worried about the grafts. It was too darn painful to sleep normally due to the pressure on the donor area.

Anyways, that was just how it turned out for me and you may be different.

You have every right to fall in love with your hairline, it looks fantastic !!. Sorry, but I am a bit jealous of your hairline lol

Capelli11,

Congratulations! I second the "hairline envy" comment. It's a thing of beauty. You should definitely feel much better once the sutures are removed.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Cap, thanks again for all the info and pictures. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love for you to keep documenting for the 1st 14 days, or until you get your sutures removed. I think it really helps us that haven't been through yet to get a day-by-day perspective on what we're going to be dealing with. If it's too much of a bother, I understand - but your postings have been so very helpful.

Everything looks good! Getting your sutures out will feel really good and will help you sleep better. I still had some soreness and tightness for a couple weeks afterwards, but it felt much better after I got my staples out at day 10.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Cap, that first week is rough for sure. Very tough to sleep siting up and when you are constantly worrying about the grafts. From what I recall sutures are much more comfortable than staples, so at least you have that going for you! They also come out with a lot less pain.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com