The Dr. Thomas Wentland Experience or Arlington Heights Chainsaw Massacre

aLabs

Went to Wentland after going to see Katonis in Oakbrook, Wentland was half his price. He even offered me a large discount if I could pay cash-$2300 vs. $2500. Thought things were a little unusual but Hey! he's a doctor and has a ton of references and talks a good game so...(this was before I found hair replacement forumsicon_frown.gif) First of my complaints were that he claimed he was doing "micro-grafts", from the reflection I saw as they worked (while they were commenting on the black chicks tits in Swordfish- tv was on in front of me) and the box of "nails" they used. I take it they didn't do "micros", especially now that I have 3 or 4 hairs jutting from some large scarred holes in the front of my hairline. Now I'm also stuck with a gigantic wide scar on the back of my head and tons of red bumps in the graft areas which occassionally become agitated even after 3 years. A week after the operation it was totally apparent that the thinning areas were not spaced properly or filling the bald spots, it also had a "doll hair" appearance. I attempted to call him but his female sales rep was the closest I got. She came up with all types of excuses as to the healing period and that I could not see the "micro" grafts. PM me for more info or pics or if you're planning a malpractice suit.

Man I feel for you. I will be contacting my attorney tomorrow. Your story is identicle to mine to a tee. Let me guess you got a hand written receipt. I say we shouldn't let this chump keep getting away with this. I don't think people know how traumatic an experience like this can be to a person thats already insecure about their hair. Then you have a person totally take advantage of you. I cringe every time I look in the mirror. I have had many sleepless nights over this. Thanks again. Andy. I'll be in touch.

aLabs, I also had a procedure with Thomas Wentland back @1998 when he was employed at Thomas, True & Wentland here in good ole' Illinois. I too had some serious concerns with the procedure relatively soon afterwards. However, even afer noticing how few grafts were placed, the placement of them and the pitting I had, I found Propecia and this site. I've had some very good success with Propecia for several years and have had three subsequent HTs with the Shapiro Medical Group in Minneapolis, MN. After my last procedure in February of '08, I've added Rogaine Foam to my nightly endeavors.

I just thought I'd share my experience with you and wish you luck with wherever this road takes you. I would just suggest the meds I use and seek other qualified docs that can help you in your journey. There are plenty of good people and physicians here to help.

• 4 weeks later...

I can feel for you guys. Before Cooley fixed my scar, it was sore and tender even after 17 years. And I had some knots, bumps and pits on my head.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Canceled my appoitment with Wentland and i scheduled consults with Dr. Konier and Dr. Shapiro, i am very sorry you had to go through what you did but thanks for posting it you saved the same experience for me and many others!

Todd

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731