what if I use 5mg proscar daily?

azazelgs

I'll be going to my military service in a week and I don't think I can divide it into 4 there so I started using it 5mg daily about 2 months ago. I'm not seeing any side effects but is it gonna lessen the effect of the drug? Could anyone inform me on that?

If anything it will increase the effect of the drug if you're taking 5 times the recommended amount, and you could see improved results. I would highly suggest you cut the medication into quarters because you still may experience the side effects and those negatives far outweight the positives.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thank you for the quick response hairupthere.

As I was using 5mg daily for 2 months now, I have not seen any side effects so far. At first I was so afraid of it because I've read a lot of negative things even from the guys who take 0.5 mg, so I guess I'm lucky.

The only thing I started using 5mg is that I know I won't have any chance to divide it so 2 months ago i put my self into trial. Luckily , nothing bad happened. After my military service , I'll lower my dose.

So you say there won't be a problem in terms of decreasing the effect of the drug, right?

I'm curious as to why someone wouldn't be able to divide a pill whilst in military service. It could be done with a kitchen knife if a pill cutter is not available.

I know nothing of the military, so maybe knives are not available (sounds strange to me)?