My FUE procedure after only 5 days post op

Bowser1982

Looking great Bowser! Do you have any preop pics or the consultation pics?

How long did the procedure take? Are you currently on any meds? I am saving at the moment to get a procedure and love Dr Rahal's work!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

Yes I have lots of pre op pics and post but i am waiting for them to be emailed to me, as soon as they are i will post them for all of you to see. No i am not on any meds because I talked to a few people there and they had told me they were experiencing a little less sexual desire with fin. So i decided not to take it. They gave me a list of vitamins i should take, i ordered those off amazon and started taking them all today. I will be starting Rogaine in 14 days as instructed and will probably be using it for the rest of my life.

The procedure took 3 hours to extract the hairs and 2 and a half hours to implant them, so 5 1/2 hours total. You can't go wrong with Dr.Rahal and his team namely Mike, they truly care about the results you receive and your care.

I was using the one off Amazon but I found a better brice at my local Sam's Club and it was easier to pick up then have to wait for the post.

The only side effects that I found was the initial shedding with Minoxidil but that's to be expected. It's been great for retaining what I have so far and def encouraged more growth even around my temple points.

I've now been taken Generic Fin for the past 3 months with no negative sexual side effects, however I have had a bit of a breakout of acne...this may have been caused by the Biotin in my Multi-Vitamin however, I have stopped taking the multi-vitamin and will be seeing a dermatologist tomorrow to assess the situation.

I'm happy to see such a result after 5 days! Looking forward to seeing the preop pics.

What was Dr. Rahal's opinion on future hairloss for you?

Follow my progress:

No not at all. I like to leave it about 2 or 3 inches on the top comb it back and a number 1 on the sides. That's why i chose FUE because i knew cutting it to a 1 or skin fade on the sides with FUT would not be possible.

Edited by Bowser1982

Very nice DBZ reference haha!

This is the reason that I am considering FUE, being an actor it gives me more diversity in a role that I can shave my head and not have the strip scar. I understand having the small holes but they are much less noticeable!

Follow my progress:

I also use to model about 3 years ago before my hair became unmanageable. I have been losing my hair since i was 23 and i am 29 now but it had become a lot worse in the past 3 years. When i get the pre op pics you will see what i am talking about. Here's a pic i took in Slovakia 3 years ago before it had become unmanageable.

Edited by Bowser1982

I don't know, in some of the pics it looks like you're even thinning on the top of your head. If anything you need to grow your hair out to really see whats going on. Until you do that everyone including yourself are just going to be playing the guessing game. I know for a fact doctor's dont like playing the guessing game. So grow your hair out for 2 months.

yeah well there is a light just on top of my head so it makes it look thin..I just took it off know,My hair is prety much the same since 5 years know,three years a go I did not buzz my hair for like 2 months thats the only pic I have I will put it in my album.

NOOO, you have to take a new pic with your hair grown out 2 months not an old one, that won't work and no doctor will accept that. I really don't know why you wont let your hair grow out for 2 months now. Just put a hat on for those 2 months. Its a small price to pay for having a life changing HT.

Edited by Bowser1982

If done right they are not noticeable at all. This is also why i chose FUE, being able to choose all hair styles is a huge plus for me. Oh and by the way KAMEHHAMEHA!!! JK man lol

Looking good bowser!

I don't think my head will look that good 5 days post op FUT..maybe..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Bowser, congrats. It's looking good. You seem to be healing very well too, especially in the donor area. Can't wait to see your updates in the months ahead. That's gonna be a thick mane up front.