Farjo Clinic UK 1st HT and 1 year results

blueboy63

Hi to everyone,

Thought I would share my HT experience so far with you guys and comments are welcome.

After many hours of research and pondering I eventually went with the Farjo clinic in the UK. Main reason he was UK based and a good reputation going by feedback from various sites.

Had a consultation with Dr Farjo in August 2010 and felt no pressure what so ever in fact I was told about the pitfalls, expectations etc.

I am 48 years of age and always had high windows peeks for as long as I can remember and wanted to do something about it. My hair loss has always been pretty stable and I just wanted to lower my hair line to fill in the temple recessions.

I was advised that a pass of approx 1000 Grafts should do the trick although for density a second HT may well be a possabilty the following year.

In Nov 2010 Had 1370 Grafts inserted and all went well the staff were fantastic and the whole day went smoothly.

I am now 13 Days post HT number 2 just had my staples removed and have received 1210 grafts to add density to the previous area.(will post when I have pictures)

The pictures added are pre op 2010 and post op, with the remainig pictures being my 1 year post op result (Exactley 12 months to the day).

I will add more pictures of HT2 when I get them and update as I go along, I have never added pictures or written on a site before but will tidy it up and make a better go of it when I have more time probably in a week or two and when I recieve my pictures, hair count from Mick at the Farjo Clinic. Sorry about the 1st year result pic quality wise but thats they were taken in good light and about the best I can do for now. I did have some taken by the Farjo clinic at 8 Months but not received them yet :o

I await your comments please... :)

5b32d0888185a_PRENov10.jpg.89222ca90ad780e1555dd0cd7b2ef6b5.jpg

5b32d088932a5_PRENOV10LEFT.jpg.f75ca7afeebcc0194a8bdd6578536e47.jpg

5b32d088a68df_POSTNOV10..jpg.775a19d59acb5c9dfd11a1a6096c4055.jpg

5b32d088c0f75_POSTNOV10.jpg.99ee3aae6f59dc2be30ab6cbdec60c93.jpg

RI.jpg.071f365f097df7a4c44970a2266df489.jpg

RI2.jpg.cf2b144d4a2d320c3371f02c7fc9bb42.jpg

Edited by blueboy63

Hi Spex,

Thanks for sorting my pics, the ones with the Blue background are pre op Nov 2010. The ones to the right taken with my mobile are 1 year post op Nov 2011.

Your question is probably what most people will ask but honestly better pics as in the 1 year post op would not make any difference.

I received 1367 grafts HT#1 and I have had my 2nd HT with Dr Farjo 14 days ago to try again this time 1210 Graft although Mick is yet to confirm this and the hair count.

I have my own feelings on the result of the 2010 HT and just wanted to see what others thought about graft numbers results etc.

I am waiting on my second procedure pictures and my post op HT 1, 8 month pics.

I really cant say much more at the moment hope to get feedback and opinions from all those good folks out there please dont be shy let me know what you think.

Hi blueboy

I think you have a minor cosmetic improvement , the temple sharpness has been rounded off , the work looked clean and the grafts have grown in and look very natural , nobody could spot you have had a very subtle tweak to you hairline .

The area covered looks roughly 7cms x 2.5cms per temple side ,thats 17.5cm2 per side

this equates to 1367 / 2 = 683.5 grafts per side

683 / 17.5mc2 = approximatly 39 grafts per cm2 , not bad , not the most dense hairline ever , but far better than some work I have seen for some other UK hair clinics .

If you only wanted a subtle tweak to your hairline , this would work , however due to you going for a second pass of a further 1200 grafts , I suspect you were maybe disapointed with you first ht , I have seen worse bud , so don't worry .

Like Mars has already said this could have proberly have been done in one pass and saved you the down time of another ht and surgery , whether this was miscomunication or you were mis-informed , only you know , it could have been that your expectations for 1300 grafts were much higher than the reality of 1300 grafts .

I have had a consultaion with the Farjo clinic in Feb 2007 , nice guys and came across as genuine , but for me the grafts estimate was too low and wouldn't have helped my situation , to be fair to the Farjos , and after looking at there new website I think they cater for an older gent , maybe more of 45+ age group at a norwood 5-7 , the type of guys who are happy with a few grafts placed at the front , creating a nice age appropriate hairline and maybe leaving the crown bald or thinning .

I have seen from there recent work this is more of the case , very concervative age appropriate hairlines on older guys , nothing wrong with the standard of work they are producing , but certainly something that should be taken into account when looking into which surgeon to go with and your own goals .

For me these desisions should not be taken lightly and true world class surgeons like Hasson and Wong , Feller and Rahal are well worth travelling for .

Good luck bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Blueboy thanks for the post and reporting your good experience with us.

Blueboy initially received 1370 FUG in to his temple reccesions and temple points one year ago.

The temple points have grown in very well but the hairs that grew in the temple recessions have so far grown fine in quality, in contrast to the remainder of his scalp hair .I have seen this happen before but have noted in most cases that things continue to improve past the 12 month mark.

After discussing with Blueboy we decided to go for a second pass as previously anticipated but this time have only boosted the temple recessions.if a patient has strong hair characteristics ,more often than not a second procedure may be needed to provide enhanced density.most surgeons will discuss this at the consultation.I will ask Blueboy to allow me to post his pictures which are much better quality than the ones that he used.Blueboy knows not to worry about his hair and that we are fully committed to his hair restoration journey.

Mick

Edited by Mick from Farjo

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi Mick

Of course you can post the better quality pictures it will give everyone a better idea of my treatment to date, to be honest the pictures I have taken are not of the best quality when ive seen what you have.

As I said in my first post im not the best at writing and did plan on revamping it but may just keep this running and bring it alive again in April/May when HT#2 has grown in.

My temple points have came out very well and I am very happy with them (the pictures ive posted dont show this)smile.gif and more density been added on HT #2 im really looking forward to these results think it was wise of DR Farjo to suggest the graft amounts as although small I will get good yield from both and less evasive.

I would just like to add that the Farjo clinic have been extremly good with me and very professional so much so that there was no charge for the second procedure (sorry if I was not supposed to mention this Mick :o) even although the results were not bad but there you go just shows this clinic stand by there patients and there results.

I did notice another thread a day or two ago just on this point think it was called do clinics guarentee their work (Farjo clinic do) its all about expectations and quality of work, I perhaps expected better density but the quality is mint and a second procedure on the house was a nice touch thank you Mick & Dr Farjo.

I would not hesitate recomending any prospective HT candidates whether from the UK or worldwide to pay avisit to Manchester England.

Hi blueboy

If you only wanted a subtle tweak to your hairline , this would work , however due to you going for a second pass of a further 1200 grafts , I suspect you were maybe disapointed with you first ht , I have seen worse bud , so don't worry .

Like Mars has already said this could have proberly have been done in one pass and saved you the down time of another ht and surgery , whether this was miscomunication or you were mis-informed , only you know , it could have been that your expectations for 1300 grafts were much higher than the reality of 1300 grafts .

richie

Thanks for the replys so far guys ,

just to let you know richie Im not dissapointed at all and there was no miscomunication on either side. I was not keen to get more than a 1000 grafts although ended up with over 1300. Call me silly but thats how it was, looking back a bigger graft count would have maybe been better, but I called the shots on this and realised that a second procedure may be a possabilty.

As for down time??? Took a week off work and was fighting fit after it, think downtime is for people who perhaps have a big job on I have plenty of hair, wouldnt ever think about a HT if I were under 40, im near to 50 so a nice touch up is well nice.

Anyway im happy, once again cheers for the input guys much appreciated.

Great choice in choosing Farjo...seen some stella results of late and its good to know your happy dude....thanks for sharing:)

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

Hi

My hairloss pattern was similar to yours and I had 2000 grafts to the hairline and the results are great; so hopefully you will be sorted after your surgery. I will post a 3 year pic tomorrow. All this hype, ' you must go to USA', was the orthodoxy 10 years ago, but thankfully things have changed. Belgium have 3 outstanding surgeons and Farjo are producing the goods.

Good luck.

Hi

My hairloss pattern was similar to yours and I had 2000 grafts to the hairline and the results are great; so hopefully you will be sorted after your surgery. I will post a 3 year pic tomorrow. All this hype, ' you must go to USA', was the orthodoxy 10 years ago, but thankfully things have changed. Belgium have 3 outstanding surgeons and Farjo are producing the goods.

Good luck.

Totally agree with you there is no need to travel to the USA I am well happy with the Farjo clinic and although hopping on a plane is easy enough its so much better having a top surgen on you doorstep.

Look forward to seeing your 3 year pictures, hope you can post your pre op as well :)

Hi Mate

I have attached an 11 month post op pic; after 12 months I pretty much stopped paying attention as I thought I was finished but I have heard that the full outcome could be up to 18 months.

A few lads are meeting in January if you are interested. Should be a few guys who have had work from a number of surgeons. It was supposed to be in December but had to be put back. Manchester is the venue

Cheers

70_261639_060000001.jpg.79540065cd7fa9becc4aee89ea9aad8a.jpg

Hey,

The work looks stellar, great to see UK patients posting. It would appear the need to travel abroad has expired!!

Looking at the results on this and other forums I`d rank The Farjos up there with the best.

Good choice, thanks for documenting your story.

From the pictures you posted i'm sorry but i wouldn't of bothered having surgery for what you ended up getting result wise i really hope you get a better result this time round.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk