My Surgical Experience with Dr. Ron Shapiro

M1A1

I thought it was important to share with everyone on this forum that I underwent a 1289 FU strip procedure in the frontal 1/4 and hairline area of my scalp with Dr. Ron Shapiro at SMG.

The surgical experience was AWESOME... In the next few days I will post a detailed write up with multiple pictures, explaining my personal experience.

Best,

You choose the right clinic M1A1. Can't wait to see the pics.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 2 weeks later...

You made a great choice with SMG (Dr. Ron 4800 graphs), i am 3 momths post-op, my pics were posted by Janna pre and post-op, been keeping my hair short and not worrying about it, taking my Proscar and using rogaine foam! I will start posting pics at the 4 month mark and every month after.. Great Doc, great team there!

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in my update. I just upadated my website with my six month pics.

Let me know what you think. Your input would be greatly appreciated...

My write up is attached below...

So, I am now at week 26-gradual improvement.

For me, the first 16 weeks were going great, very little shock loss and my hair line looked good at week 13. This was even after three flare ups of folliculitis. In addition, I started to notice a little shed around weeks 18-20. Fortunately it did stop. During this time I had another flare up and it went away again, thank goodness...Also started to notice another little shed about 5-10 hairs in my comb from week 24 to the present...

Now I am at week 26 and I have noticed my right side is growing much faster than my left. Interestingly enough, my left side looks very wiry and it looks less thick than it did before. I spoke to the doc about this and he said uneven growth can occur...

To sum up, The Doc, Dr. Ron Shapiro has been exceptional in his post up care with me. There were several SUNDAYS and late evenings that he spoke to me to address my folliculitis What is even more exceptional is that we had long conversations when he was under the weather... His bedisde manner is awesome and I continue to stand by my statement that he is a doctor who actually cares about his patients and their end results.