I need help making a decision on which doctor

TC17

First off, I'm in no real rush to book a treatment because I just started proscar recently, but I would like to book a HT next winter or next summer at the absolute latest. That being said, I would like some advice from the forum. I've narrowed my choices down to Rahal, Wong, Shapiro, and Konior. Shapiro and Konior are probably a bit out of my price range at this time because I'm only a law student, and not yet a lawyer. But I'm very impressed with both of their work. So, I'll keep this focused on Rahal and Wong. I've never seen anything from Wong that I haven't been impressed with, I like that he does mega mega sessions because once I begin practicing law it will be very difficult for me to have a HT with the schedule that I'll have. Further, although I still have most of my hair now, there is a very strong possibility that I will end up like my dad, a severe Norwood 6. Rahal is cheaper and is within driving distance, which means I won't have to withstand the stares from people in an airport and cost IS a big factor. I'm impressed with Rahal's work as well, but there are times when I look at a patient of his and feel that although it is very good, that it's maybe not quite as good as Wong. In addition, I have seen far more examples of Wong's work both on his website and on these forums. I'm truly torn and I'm wondering if I should just go with the most convenient doctor, or if there are other factors to consider that I haven't articulated. I'm sorry for this being so long, but any advice would be appreciated. Please though, if you are going to offer an opinion, support it with why you feel the way you do. Thank you all for your help!

First off, I'm in no real rush to book a treatment because I just started proscar recently, but I would like to book a HT next winter or next summer at the absolute latest. That being said, I would like some advice from the forum. I've narrowed my choices down to Rahal, Wong, Shapiro, and Konior. Shapiro and Konior are probably a bit out of my price range at this time because I'm only a law student, and not yet a lawyer. But I'm very impressed with both of their work. So, I'll keep this focused on Rahal and Wong. I've never seen anything from Wong that I haven't been impressed with, I like that he does mega mega sessions because once I begin practicing law it will be very difficult for me to have a HT with the schedule that I'll have. Further, although I still have most of my hair now, there is a very strong possibility that I will end up like my dad, a severe Norwood 6. Rahal is cheaper and is within driving distance, which means I won't have to withstand the stares from people in an airport and cost IS a big factor. I'm impressed with Rahal's work as well, but there are times when I look at a patient of his and feel that although it is very good, that it's maybe not quite as good as Wong. In addition, I have seen far more examples of Wong's work both on his website and on these forums. I'm truly torn and I'm wondering if I should just go with the most convenient doctor, or if there are other factors to consider that I haven't articulated. I'm sorry for this being so long, but any advice would be appreciated. Please though, if you are going to offer an opinion, support it with why you feel the way you do. Thank you all for your help!

I think you need to do alot more research,see patients pictures and end results, the HT is something that will change your lfe for better or worst (if you make the wrong choice) dont let distance be a factor, it s worth traveling if you feel a surgeon will do a better job, just traveled all the way to Pakistan to get my HT done as I had 2 HT done in UK but Dr Humayun is known for his natural hairline finnish and that is what I did not get here in UK, please dont be rash on the final choice weigh up each doctor then decide. good luck

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) Sept 1996

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com'>https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

1600 grafts FUT Mr May (UK) February 1998

https://www.wimpoleclinic.com

2475 grafts FUT Dr Mohammed Humayun Mohmand (Pakistan)

27th January 2009

http://www.hti.com.pk

3550 Total Grafts (3000 rear donor area & 400 from beard and 150 breast area) FUE & PRP Treatment with Dr Emrah Cinik (ISHRS), Istanbul, Turkey. 10th October 2017

http://www.emrahcinik.com/

My Blog & Hair loss website story:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1123

Beleive me, I know how hard choosing the right dr. can be. It took me over 1 year to make my descision. I think I spent over 700 hours on the internet, no joke!!!Anyways, first let me echo what Ammars27 said, don,t let distance or even cost be your main factor, your donor is limited, that being said, I can personally comment on Dr. Rahal. I have met him personally and I have seen his work, top notch. He is very talented and extremely ethical. I have never met with Dr. Wong, but I have had a online consult with Dr. Hasson, I beleive he is also very talented, ( especially in the crown area).

Both those surgeons require that you shave your receipient area. So be prepaired to look very awkward for many weeks. Dr. Shapiro dosn,t require shaving, I think up to 2500 graphs, Dr. Konior same thing. I chose Dr. Konior because he also has a background in plastic surgery, some beleive, including me, that he produces some of the best and least detectable scars in the business, I also think his hair lines are amazing. Dr. Shapiro is also top notch, there are those who think that he might even be the best in the world! I hope this helps.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery.....

kaounis,

It's comments like yours that I wish were the norm on this forum. When you support what you say with things such as "I've seen his work", or "I've met x amount of his patients", it makes what you are saying more reliable, and thus more beneficial to all members of this forum. I only wish that all members gave their reasoning for their opinions. Honest and open dialogue between forum members is the key to ensuring that this site functions as originally intended.

One final note in my rant.....

A quick glance at the forum would lead a new member to conclude that there are only a few qualified surgeons. H&W, R. Shapiro, Feller, and Rahal all seem to come up the most. While most assuredly not impugning any of their work, (and in fact, from what I've seen in pictures, they all seem to do TREMENDOUS work) I wonder whether those individuals are truly head and shoulders above all others, or if their popularity is a result of a now prevalent group think mentality on the forum? If the other physicians are not on par with the "top docs", then why are they even listed on this forum?

I beleive that some Dr.'s are more internet oriented than others. Some encourage patients to post results, some have patient cordinators that regularly post and some don't. I don't think that it really means one is better than the other, it's more of a form of advertising IMHO....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery.....

If the other physicians are not on par with the "top docs", then why are they even listed on this forum?

here i'll give you one quote that rings so true imo:

"I just wanted to add that we all should understand that although a physician is being recommended or is in the Coalition is not a statement that they are on par with all others in the Coalition. I don't believe that is the intention of Pat or Bill unless I am wrong. In saying that however, I do believe that for many that read this forum it might be interpreted that way. In any profession there will always be those that stand above the rest. Just a fact.

I think that the reality of everything is that there is a large percentage of us that either can't/won't travel and Pat is trying to find physicians worldwide that he feels comfortable with recommending to someone in that postition. Therefore they have to meet certain criteria for him to give approval. Again, that does not mean that he is stating that they are all equal.

NN"

so do your own research and you come up with your go to guy!!!!

GQ