Doctors Pay a Annual Fee to be Members Here

Old Baldy

For all you newbies, like myself, the doctors posting regularly on this site are required to pay a membership fee annually.

I was unaware of this. Keep this fact in mind newbies when conducting your analysis of doctors.

I would assume there are alot of doctors out there that perform good HT's that choose not to pay a fee to post their advertisements here.

The fact that doctors are required to pay a annual fee should be made public so all us newbies can factor this in when making our choices.

There's nothing wrong with this practice IMHO. Nothing wrong with charging for advertising. I mean, look how much doctors charge us for an HT!!

For all you newbies, like myself, the doctors posting regularly on this site are required to pay a membership fee annually.

I was unaware of this. Keep this fact in mind newbies when conducting your analysis of doctors.

I would assume there are alot of doctors out there that perform good HT's that choose not to pay a fee to post their advertisements here.

The fact that doctors are required to pay a annual fee should be made public so all us newbies can factor this in when making our choices.

There's nothing wrong with this practice IMHO. Nothing wrong with charging for advertising. I mean, look how much doctors charge us for an HT!!

Old Baldy,

This forum or its affiliated learning centers (www.regrowhair.com) and (www.hairtransplantnetwork.com) have never made it a secret that physicians contribute funds to keep the site running and help make bringing the educational tools that are available possible. The physicians that are members, however, are selected solely on merit, ethics, and skill.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

The doctors charge us, we charge them, tit for tat baby!!

Well, that is one way of looking at it, but the reality is, if forums were not properly funded and regulated, there would end up being a "rogue-ness" factor involved. It would be a free-for-all for any unethical physician at all to post whatever he/she wanted. Now, there is no rule that says that unaffiliated physicians cannot post on the forums, but I will not allow unabashed advertising on the forums.

These forums were the first like them to come online. They were concieved so that hair loss sufferers can come to a place and share ideas and experiences with others with the same problem. It has accomplished this feat for years with pride. To have contributing physicians that care enough to supply funds for the educational tools at www.regrowhair.com is very healthy and shows their dedication to the industry. Just think of how many people would be left out in the cold if these great physicians didn't have any place to get their name out there and all the average hair loss sufferer heard about was the big chains!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Could you just imagine if all the exposure was limited to the hair mills with their multi-million dollar advertising budgets? Driving their infomercials down our throats? And then compare the qualitative educational content between a forum like this compared to the marketing schemes of the big chains. Thank goodness this forum exists and the member doctors who support it, and their work.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I think another benefit from sponsership and monitoring is that is allows the site to allow doctors as members while screening out the "hairmill" type docs-- the later probably more so than the former. The key to bias, is make sure that member is open to all ethical doctors regardless of personal opinions-- this allows for broader participation of physician members while keeping out the assembly line-get rich quick-all about me doctors.

Could you just imagine if all the exposure was limited to the hair mills with their multi-million dollar advertising budgets? Driving their infomercials down our throats? And then compare the qualitative educational content between a forum like this compared to the marketing schemes of the big chains. Thank goodness this forum exists and the member doctors who support it, and their work.

Amen, Gill.