Importance of Laser Treatment

I am getting my HT many miles from home so going back for laser hair treatment afterwards is not an option for me even though the HT comes with six laser treatments.

How important is the laser treatment? Should I find someone in my hometown and then go do the laser treatment with them?

OneHairLeft,

In my opinion, laser treatment is not important in the least for hair growth. Some do believe it aids in post-surgical healing but I did not undergo any laser therapy after my hair transplants.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Onehair,

Laser treatment (sometimes known as Low Lever Laser Therapy or LLLT) is a pretty controversial topic in the hair restoration community. Some believe it is a valid therapy for stimulating follicular growth and aiding in post-operative healing, while others believe it is simply ineffective and not recommended.

Frankly, I've seen some pretty convincing evidence that LLLT is not an effective hair restoration treatment and have NOT seen conclusive or persuasive counter evidence refuting these findings.

Regardless of whether or not you believe LLLT is effective, one thing is certain: our network hosts thousands of hair transplant cases from patients who have undergone surgery without adjunct laser therapy and still managed to achieve excellent results. For me, this is the most convincing proof that surgical hair restoration can stand alone as a restorative therapy. Personally, I'd feel comfortable moving forward with this information.

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Dr. Feller basically disproved the laser treatment theory. If your grafts are going to grow they will do so without laser treatment.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D