Anti-Hair Loss Shampoos

Guest StefanWendt

Guest StefanWendt

Anti-Hair Loss Shampoos

Anti-Hair Loss Shampoos : Rub-a-Dub Dub – But Gently PleaseOne easy-to-try option is a shampoo specifically designed to increase the health of existing hair and to reduce the rate of hair loss in both men and women.

There are several sources to investigate specific shampoos, research studies which can be accessed to determine the effectiveness of many of these products. Good professional sources include dermatologists and licensed cosmeticians who see hair loss conditions frequently and have had the opportunity to observe the efficacy of a variety of shampoos.

As well, an Internet “Google” search will provide hundreds of products, complete with testimony and small research studies.It’s easy to get confused when investigating the hundreds of shampoos available. With some background knowledge of what has shown to be effective in larger, previous studies, however, you can make more intelligent choices about the shampoos you choose for experimentation.

And that is the great thing about shampoos – they are relatively inexpensive in this maze of hair loss/regrowth methods, so you can try lots of them without breaking your budget!

1. Surfactants: People feel good when their shampoos lather up nicely. Lather, however, is just for psychological effect. Somehow we believe that the more lather a shampoo produces, the cleaner our hair must be getting. Hogwash! The ingredient that causes lather is call a surfactant and does not have cleaning properties. Other ingredients in shampoos actually do the cleaning. Surfactants are, however, pretty harsh, and, for someone who is experiencing more-than-normal hair loss, surfactants should be avoided. There are lots of shampoos out there without it – try some.

2. Herbal Ingredients: The most notable herb with some success in hair loss difficulty is Saw Palmetto. Shampoos with this ingredient are certainly worth a try. Saw Palmetto seems to inhibit the production of DHT in men, for example, and DHT causes hair follicles to shrink and close up.

3. Nettle and bay have also been helpful to some people. Shampoos which include these might help you too.

4. Essential Oils: These oils are concentrated ones which come from plants such as lavender. From ancient times, these have been used to stimulate healthy hair and to decrease the rate of hair loss. We know that we have much to learn from early medicine men and healers. Perhaps this is another example.

5. Tea Tree Oil: Many swear by this ingredient, and there are several brands of this on the market. So popular are these shampoos, you can find them at most any drug store as well as health product retailers.

As an aside, tea tree oil has also been found to be effective in the prevention of head lice infestations.There are no definitive studies to show that shampoos can actually result in regrowth of hair that is caused by what we all “permanent” conditions, largely the result of heredity and hormones.

However, early prevention is important, and experimenting with shampoos during these early stages may provide invaluable help in reducing the rate of loss.

• 3 weeks later...
Just go with Nizoral!! Its the only proven treatment and my opinion it only works well in combination with Rogaine and finasteride!

I agree. Plus it's cheaper than shampoos like Revita or Regenepure that are stuffed with ingredients that aren't proven to have any effect whatsoever.

Nizoral would be the only shampoo that may reduce DHT along with therapies such as Rogaine and Finasteride.

However, Nioxin and other natural shampoos do thicken up the hairs quite a bit, but are not to be used until a few months after transplantation because they may be strong for the transplanted grafts. When I did use them prior to my transplant, they did make the hairs look fuller.

I will restart in a few weeks and see how nioxin goes. I'll continue the nizoral in another 2 months just to be on the safe side as it may be strong for my grafts.

Nettle and Tea Tree are anti inflammatory, they also prevent scalp acne and pimples which my clog hairs and make them thin. So, that's how they can help with hairloss.

• 4 weeks later...

No shampoo is really going to make a significant difference. I liked Revita out of all of them because you get the benefit of anti-balding ingredients with a mild, volumizing shampoo.

Nizoral dried my hair out , big time!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!