My Surgery with Dr Rahal. by kh

keithh

Hi Guys,

I’m getting nervous now. Tomorrow morning I fly from Dublin to Ottawa for my surgery with Dr. Rahal on Friday.

I will try post my experience and photos over the weekend.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me.

Keith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck...please keep us updated..I try and keep up with all of Dr Rahals cases for obvious reasons..you are in great hands. How many grafts are you getting? Can you post some pre op pictures? I would like to see where you start from to where you are going.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Good Luck! I am having a HT with him also in December. Do you have any pics? Also tell us a little more about your HT...how many grafts, u on meds, etc.

NEWHAIRPLEASE: U beat me to it...we must have literally posted at the same time! LOL

Thanks Guys,

I will keep u updated. Im booked in for 3500 FUT. Iv been on meds for just over six months.

Click on the link below and look at post 13. You will see some pics there.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162372-dr-ron-shapiro-dr-panine-dr-feriduni-dr-feller-2.html

I will post pre and post op pics over the weekend.

3,500 will def do you nicely...give you a nice dense hairline and frontal third...I am sure I will be nervous too when it gets closer but the way I look at it and perhaps u should to is that you are literally going to one of thee best HT docs in the world so that is all you can ask for. His results are wonderful and I have never seen a bad thing posted about him all the years I have been on here so no worries...you are in great hands! keep us posted!!!

Thanks Capelli. Your words are very true and have calmed me down. I’m sure once I meet with him on Thursday evening ill be at ease.

Also, congratulations to both you and newhairplease on your upcoming surgeries.

No Prob Keithh...we are all in the same boat together!!! Good Luck and definitely keep us posted...you staying at Foxbar?

Ya im staying at Foxbar. Are you going to stay there?

I have been using Google street view to locate all the local restaurants. Lol.

Its very useful. There is a Chinese restaurant and a Pizza hut at the top of Foxbar ave.

Yeah I'm staying there the whole week of my surgery. I have seen the place...it is literally 1 quick block from the office and easily within walking distance...like 3-5 full minutes. It is a house in the middle of a block of houses in a residential street. You are right...the house is off a main road which is where Rahal's office is and there is a Pizza Hut there and other places too.

Hi Guys,

My surgery is finished and im now back at Foxbar. Everything went great. Dr Rahal and his team were excellent and made me fell very comfortable. Surgery lasted about 6 hours and I received 3624 grafts.

Breakdown,

1s 629.

2s 1965,

3s 967,

4s 63.

Total hairs. 7712

I will post pics in the coming days.

I have no pain in the recipient area, but the donor area is very sore and uncomfortable.

Congrats on the surgery!! Looking forward to pictures coming up this weekend? Was that the max grafts Dr Rahal recommended or were you trying for more? Either way, 3600 is gonna make a huge difference! How many nights are you staying at the Foxbar? Are you going back tomorrow for your cleaning?

How long did you let your hair grow before you had your surgery?

Edited by NEWHAIRPLEASE

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Congrats Keith!!! Can't wait to see the pics...please document your experience the best you can as there are a lot of future Rahal patients with surgeries coming up in December and January looking for all the info they can get...including me!!! One quick question...you had originally gone in for 3,500...and received 3624...how does that work...he asks if you want more if he can harvest them? I'm curious to see how much the doctors usually go over the original plan...could he have got more and just stopped at 3,624? Keep us posted!

Keithh

How you feeling today? Ready to see some pictures buddy..I know Cap is waiting patiently by as well..good luck to you..How did you sleep last night? Hows the donor area?

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

LOL can the poor guy recover for 5 minutes before folks are badgering him for pics??

Keith, I'm also seeing Dr Rahal early next year, and I would like to see your post-op photos, however please post them if and whenever you feel like it.

Its been 5 minutes!!!!!! Enough is enough!! Ha JK

Sugar, when is your surgery? Maybe I will see you there..

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Its been 5 minutes!!!!!! Enough is enough!! Ha JK

Sugar, when is your surgery? Maybe I will see you there..

Hey newhair, I see you're going late-January, I am going a little earlier in the month, so I think I will miss you because I'm departing shortly after. It's funny though, we are almost exactly the same age.

I will post a thread similar to the others here around the time of my procedure, with pictures, comments, thoughts, etc.

Hi Guys,

I’m not doing too well. My head is very swollen, more than I ever expected. I look like an alien from a comic horror movie. It’s crazy. I talked to my GF on Skype and she started to cry. Im surprised she didn’t tell me not come back. lol

I found it really hard to sleep last night and was awake most of the time. Id say I had 2 hours sleep in total. I took all the pain killers they gave me but they didn’t help and just made me get sick.

NEWHAIRPLEASE, Capelli11,

I could have had more grafts but, Dr Rahal and I agreed to keep the hairline slightly conservative. Unfortunately the initial strip only had 3300 FU, so he had to open back up the donor area and take another.

I went back this morning for my cleaning. Simple enough. Mike took a few post op pics. He said he will email them to me and when he does ill put the up, but I must warn u guys I look very very strange.

Thanks for the posts guys

Slept on the recliner chair last night and had a great sleep. My head is still very swollen but I’m no longer in pain. Feel much better.

Filipinoboy, Thanks for the information. I travel home Tuesday night, so I hope the swelling goes down by then.

Here are some pics I tuk myself this morning. The pre op are from about two months ago. Ill add front view pics when my swelling goes down.

IMG_1668.jpg.77e7e2da380791dec55e7490c7e1ded9.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg.ec58e2e8dea66502618ea0697db015d7.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg.939e7271f7c51be899c7f59ea5f0e236.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg.8d435f7535d1db37e014cca7acb148be.jpg

IMG_2134.JPG.0f33420ee6455e5ed8df282d06b8c18f.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG.4d0aebc2f6681f3d81e0653bcd98b82d.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG.853a3c51c5d75830123c20e417860c7d.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG.55de3a2cd0baab7af0a9204d3c4259a5.JPG

Keithh,

This is all normal no need to worry. I had my HT with Dr. Rahal 4 weeks back and I can tell you the first week is just a week to forget. The swelling is worst in the forehead on Day 2, then on Day 3 it got into my eyes and cheeks and then on Day 5 it got into my neck and then the body absorbed it from there. I also felt my nerves tingle a lot in the swelling area which quite frankly irritated me a lot. There is nothing you can do about this but just wait it out, drink lots of fluids, sleep at your 45 degree angle and take your pain meds.

Its interesting to see that you had your head shaved completely. Dr Rahal just shaved my donor area so just wondering if you requested that ?

Hang in there Keith...you are on ur way to recovery. That's interesting that he had to re-open your donor area after only getting 3,300...has that happened to anyone else??? Did he say that happens sometimes?!