Blood Tests prior to surgery

Hi all

I am booked in for FUE with Dr Devroye in December and I am UK based he has asked that I have blood tests done for HIV, Hep B and C.

Any advice on where I can get these done will my GP do this as it is a cosmetic procedure abroad. I do not necessarily want to get into discussing the reason why I need to the Blood tests with my GP so are there any other avenues in the UK to get these tests done other than via private online companies which see to charge around ?300-400 (way too much).

hi

my names rich and i live in the uk , i had 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in 2007 and i'm going back to have the front tweaked in jan 2012 .

i have just been and got my blood results this morning bud .

your gp will do them and charge you 75 uk pounds , he/ she will ask you what for , you can tell the truth or lie , if you lie to your gp he/she may catch you out at a later date .

or you look online for your local GUM clinic , sexual health drop in clinic , you drop in , no appointment needed , go first thing when they open , when it's quiet , tell them you need these specific blood tests .

if they ask why , i told them last time i was off to the US to have knee ligament replacement surgery because the yanks are better at it than the UK .

this time i told them i was going back to have key hole surgery on the same knee , they don't have access to you medical files as it's a drop in centre .

they will never see you again so really you could tell them anything , just don't do the "i'd rather not say " shit as that will raise suspicion .

they don't have any right to ask you any further , it takes seven days to get the results and costs 35 uk pounds in cash .

easy ........ just stop panicking bud , i'm a veteran at this and it is sooooo easy .

good luck

richie

Edited by richie48
the pound sign always comes up as a question mark !!

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I had the Hep tests done at my docs (free)

And i had the HIV done at the local GUM clinic. (?35 for printout of results)

I just told my doc when he asked me why I wanted them doing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Honesty is always the best policy. Either way, you will end needing to pay for the tests. It's more of the less costly place that is the issue and your time frames of course.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Really appreciate the replies guys. I think I will go down the honesty route with my GP.

Good for you!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

So much for the honesty route GP said that they would not offer the blood tests as it is not a clinical indication I did say that I understood that it would be private and would pay but all they suggested was BUPA.

Think I will need to change my GP practice so back to square one I have approached BUPA via the self pay GP services and waiting for them to come back with a quote.

mate stop messing around and just go to your local GUM clinic , thats a sexual health drop in clinic ,type it in google with your town name , discreet , private , mine was 35 pounds , chrisdav payed 20 pounds !

you're making this far too hard for yourself , it really is easy , it only took a week and i just told them it was for knee surgery !

it's quick , cheap and easy !

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007