Need feedback on the Quality of my transplant

dugman

Hi,

I had my hair transplantation done (FUT, 50 INR per graft) from Dr.Madhu on November 5 2011 and I would love to hear the feedback from my fellow forum members. I have posted my latest pictures in my album. Please check it out and let me know.

I totally had 2780 grafts transplanted to the frontal region. Dr.Madhu advised me that the existing hair I have will eventually fall away after inspecting its quality. My existing hair in the front was shaved before transplanting. I was asked to wait at least 8 months to see convincing results.

The split

1 hair - 820

2 hair - 1740

3 hair - 660

Total grafts - 2780

Total hairs - 4960

Total cost : 139000 INR or 2835 USD

Thanks!

Dug

Edited by dugman

dugman,

Congratulations! At this early stage, not much can be gleaned from photos. However, I can say that the work looks very refined and the new hairline design is going to frame your face nicely.

I suggest posting monthly updates.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I have seen some good work from this doc before. Keep updating.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

4 months is really early and it looks like you have had some growth. You have a long way to go. Hang in there.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Dugman,

Your HT looks good. I stay in hyd. I am going to get HT with Dr. Madhu this May. Can you give me some suggestions. Do you recommend? Regarding scar, I think that is ok. It will be closed after 10 months fully. If you grow enough hair, it will not be visible. I need some valuable info from you friend.

hi allabouthari..

the hospitality is good but i am still concerned about the quality as the thickness of mine is very low compared to many other folks who've had transplants worldwide. I still have to wait for 1 more month to see how my transplant is going to turn out. So, given my skepticality, I would try to remain neutral at this point of time.

-dug

Hi Dugman,

At 5.5 months you have just about hit the growth stage and by 8 months it should be just about all grown. It does continue to improve for up to 18 months but that is maturation of the follicle.

How wide is your scar? Generally, a scar should be about 1 - 2mm in width. I would suggest that most people who cut their hair as short as the one's you presented in your photo would have a visible scar. Have you contacted the clinic with your concerns?

Regards

Rod

@RodG: Thanks for taking time to reply.

To be honest, I am not that much concerned about my scar as I read through the forums that the scar should be hidden under a Grade 4 cut. But I did a Grade 2 which is only 6 mm and probably that may be the reason this was the case. On the long run, I strongly believe scar will not be an issue at all.

But the thing I am slightly worried is the density of the hair in the top. If you could look closely, I see very slight difference between the pre-HT and the current pictures (5.5 months post HT). But then, I cannot judge since it is only 5.5 months and as the clinic had advised me to wait at least 8 months to see convincing results.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Hi Dugman,

I've reviewed your photos and it is difficult for me to judge the difference. In one of your comparisons your using a flash and it definitely doesn't help to judge the difference. I remember that the growth started to become noticeable at 4.5 months after my first HT and it was easy to see the results because I was so bald. I've just had my second HT and I think its going to be harder to tell the improvement this time around.

I still think your too early to judge whether it has been a success or not. With the amount of grafts that you had I would suggest that you should have a very good outcome. Try not to obsess too much because you need to wait until 8 months to see the result.

Good luck

Rod

• 2 weeks later...

​It has been 6 months since I've had my transplant and I am very concerned about the progress thus far. My understanding was that most of the grafts should come out by now at least as fine hair so that it will keep thickening in the coming months.

But seems its not the case. Any feedback would be appreciated.​

Please take a look at my before photos before analyzing the pictures as most of the hair I had already that are being shown now.

Hair Restoration Journal for dugman - 6 months

Edited by dugman

1) You have trimmed down your hair during your 5th month, that is why, the new hair grown is not covering your head properly.

2) Also you have got thick black dry hair. This type of hair typically grows little slow and takes some more time to get into fine volume.

3) Your scar looks little wide just because you have trimmed down your hair making scalp more visible, again your hair is not so soft to fall over the scar and cover it.

Happy growing, Dont worry for now. It looks all normal for me. Are you using finasteride and minoxidil?

One more favour, I am choosing b/w Madhu and Radha. Good number of friends have given me feedback. I value a lot your feedback too. Please help me in this!!

@Allabouthair: Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have trimmed my hair. The main concern was the bald island areas in the frontal portion of the head where dense packing was made. After 6 months some sort of hair should come out of it but none has come. That was my major concern.

And no, I am not using any medicines.

At this point of time, I am remaining neutral on the feedback you've requested. Will have to wait few more months to see any comprehensive results before start giving feedbacks. Hope you understand.

• 5 weeks later...