Am I just being paranoid?

theonebart

Hi guys, I have always had really thick hair I don't really have a receding hairline at all, but I did notice the other day this weird open area near my scalp. I'm 26 years old. I believe it is a cowlick, but I'm not 100% sure. My hair stylist said that it was, but I'm still nervous. I took a picture where I parted it to maximize the open area. Does anybody think that it's potential baldness or just a cowlick? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hair.jpg.ae2fd7b59dd45b0eba55351b8041ff5e.jpg

Theonebart,

I will credit you with a sensible answer bearing in mind the lengths you have gone to. If ya muckin me about I will come looking for a young looking dude with a great healthy head oh hair!

Just in case that doesn't answer your question, you look in good shape. I do not detect anything of concern. Photos don't always show the real deal though so if you are that concerned keep your eye on it and address any change by having it diagnosed.

Hope that helps,

Jessie

This does not remotely look to be MPB. Go and enjoy life and don't create problems for yourself that are not there.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

It's very hard to diagnose early balding in the crown. Some people have a more noticeable swirl than others. If you are seeing changes then maybe you are just starting to thin.

Keep a close eye on it and get on Finasteride and/or Minoxidil asap if you definitely are balding.

Not everyone has a receding hairline with crown balding.