HELP with this question guys

hi there im 3 weeks post op from around 2000 fue grafts, around 400 in crown rest to slightly lower and thicken out hairline, the 1st thing im proper worryin bout is the sides are growing really fast my crown is almost bald and thoughout the top of my head is very thin not as thick as before but had no grafts there, i am a diffuse thinner and even before my op i rarely got the top cut because it just would not grow so just got the sides done is this normal will it grow, my main question is my dr told me to apply aloe vera for 1st 3 weeks which i done so stop that now i am on aloe vera cream which i apply before goin to bed and tonic in morning and wash when i come home, so anyone used aloe vera cream before bed any good thnak guys

Darren,

Aloe Vera is a pretty commonly used, natural supplement that's normally applied to areas of inflammation, irritation, or "burns." I've personally utilized it numerous times for sunburns before going to bed and didn't have any sort of issues.

As far as utilizing Aloe Vera after a hair transplant procedure, it sounds like it could be a useful modality for relieving pain and irritation from scalp inflammation, and I'd recommend following the clinic's post-operative instructions.

Did you have any specific questions about the Aloe Vera creme? Again, if the clinic recommended using it, it seems to make sense and shouldn't cause any issues. However, it may also be helpful to contact the operating clinic/hair transplant surgeon and double check moving from the Aloe Vera gel to the creme.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any additional questions.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Darren,

The hair has a way of looking bad at 3 weeks post op, even the areas that were not operated on. It takes a few weeks to start looking normal again. I used aloe vera gel post op and didn't have any problems. I didn't try the cream though.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

You should check the percentage of actual aloe vera in that cream. Many aloe products are mostly made of just water and about 2% aloe.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks for reply guys thats it my hair looks alot worse now ie the sides grow so much faster then the top the top is really really thin and pacthe looking but again im only 4weeks out so fingers crossed and yes its the cream im using i use tonic in morning and cream at night all dr instructions