Original Graft per Consult VS ACTUAL GRAFT COUNT post HT???

Hey...question...I am scheduled for a HT with Dr. Rahal in December for 3,000 grafts. I am trying to budget for this cost and the more I read posts I keep noticing that everyone seems to pretty much get more grafts than they originally went in for usually due to good laxity and/or other reasons. So my question is, if you guys could share your stories in regards to how much more were you able to get? Reason being I want to be able to budget for this...I heard the Dr. usually asks if you are willing to pay for additional grafts if need be? Please advise!!! Thanks!

Hey...question...I am scheduled for a HT with Dr. Rahal in December for 3,000 grafts. I am trying to budget for this cost and the more I read posts I keep noticing that everyone seems to pretty much get more grafts than they originally went in for usually due to good laxity and/or other reasons. So my question is, if you guys could share your stories in regards to how much more were you able to get? Reason being I want to be able to budget for this...I heard the Dr. usually asks if you are willing to pay for additional grafts if need be? Please advise!!! Thanks!

Capelli, there is usually a cut off. I think if it exceeds give or take 50 or 100/??? grafts, not sure but you may want to double check with the clinic. If you exceed a certain amount of grafts then you normally would pay extra with whatever you and the doctor work out.

For me, it was a 3,000 graft procedure initially, they extracted 3,016 grafts. I got 16 grafts at no charge.

I think if you were a higher graft procedure, 4,000 to 5000+ grafts then it may be confusing, but being 3,000 you may be good to go. In any case, I carried credit cards just in case if I would exceed beyond like 100+ grafts or something or had to use a higher number of grafts overall.

Edited by Sean

I'm budgeting for 3k...but heard that people usually get like a few hundred more...so figure anything after that would be $3 per graft which if say he gets 500...that would be $1,500...so I have no clue how much more he would extract...but I want to be ready to pay for the remainder if need be.

I'm budgeting for 3k...but heard that people usually get like a few hundred more...so figure anything after that would be $3 per graft which if say he gets 500...that would be $1,500...so I have no clue how much more he would extract...but I want to be ready to pay for the remainder if need be.

That's true. You just want to take all precautions which is really good. Normally, I have noticed higher graft procedures being off by a few hundred or more (esp in those procedures that are over 4,000 grafts). 3,000 grafts is in the middle, might be off by a few, but I don't think too much. Maybe you might not need to worry about it with 3,000 grafts, but you are right, it is something to think about. It could depend on density and laxity? Reasonable questions, what if 3500 grafts extracted and etc? Either way I think Dr. Rahal would work something out with you for your benefit as obviously you are only going for a 3,000 graft procedure. He's a cool dude. Call up the clinic tomorrow to about this though. I may be wrong with my numbers of 50/100 etc. I think there was something I read on the consent form that I can't remember right now regarding extra graft extraction. I can't remember what it said. I wish I could, but I didn't put so much thought into it as I got FUE.

Now, will it end up like this below? I don't think so because yours is 3000 grafts, a lot smaller than this one below.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162675-7-260-fut-grafts-eternal-gratitude-dr-rahal-his-staff.html

I know that guy wasn't expecting that, he said he expected to receive a little over 5,000 grafts.

Yes, unless you have unusually high density the count will be reasonably close.......could be a few less or more. If you are budgeting for 500 extra you should be good. It is a good idea to discuss this with the clinic in advance.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1