I have a type 7 pattern and am 23 years old. I've consulted a couple of HT surgeons in Pakistan. Dr Azim J Khan (Cosmetique, Lahore) and Dr hamayun mohmand (HTI, islamabad). Both people have told me because of my young age and low donor density transplant is not a good option for me. Dr Azim was willing to do but Dr mohmand told me he was not willing to do it as it would be of little benefit to me. I just wanted to post my pics here and see if what experienced forum members think of the good doctors different opinions.

5b32d0071fc37_2011-09-2123_46_59.jpg.4914f3529fe53236fa43329f17c265ef.jpg

5b32d00735fa0_2011-09-2123_47_37.jpg.40f94a4d43071b535cb343c3b4a355fc.jpg

5b32d0074b859_2011-09-2123_48_22.jpg.95c78d03b9e50d065b481d1de574d4d9.jpg

5b32d0076ea57_2011-09-2123_48_46.jpg.b7b42e2d9489e79c44776cc199bbc086.jpg

No way should you have a hair transplant. Anyone telling you that you can have a successful hair transplant of any sort is only after your money. You have VERY low donor density and a very large area of loss. I'm sure that the most hair that can be moved for you is no more than 2500 grafts and that won't do much of anything for you unfortunately.

I wish I could say otherwise but this is the truth. Heed my warnings and do not have surgery. Do not get body hair on your head. Do not try lasers. Do not do anything. I think ultimately you should try shaving your head and see how that looks.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I was double minded before but Dr Hamayun and his colleague Dr Shahid (btw a very nice man) explained to me in some detail my predicament and I've sort of accepted it. I've never thought of shaving but i'll give it a shot. Thanks for your comments, guys!

I believe the "body hair" comment refers to body hair transplantation (BHT), which is sometimes utilized in patients with insufficient donor zones. In some patients, like repair cases, it can be a useful adjunct, but, unfortunately, I do not think it would be a viable option for JB.

Sorry we couldn't be more helpful! You could still always look at preventive/non-invasive methods like minoxidil/finasteride, but you would definitely need begin the treatments with realistic expectations.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Definitely well advised to stay away from a hair transplant! I think the shaving down idea is a good one - it could potentially really suit you and is a proactive way of dealing with hairloss and accepting it!

And, as Jotronic said, don't be tempted by anybody that tells you they could get good results for you from body hair transplants or other similar procedures - there is nothing currently out there that would give you the head of hair you want. Unfortunate, I know, but the bright side is you haven't had a HT, which would have been a nightmare for you!