Laser Comb Question

GotHair

Am I wasting my time with the laser comb? I have one and use it on my hairline when I have time. Has anyone had success on their hairline with only the laser comb? I appreciate all of your help.

I used it for a year. No results. Ifyou read other sites people are having results from much stronger lasers. I bought one of them. Most are making their own. One site, overmachogrande.com shows you how to build your own. Most agree that lasercomb is crap, too under powered.

I know that there are a lot of opinions about the Hairmax LaserComb. But I have to be honest. I have been using it since Oct 2008 and it truly has reduced that irritated, itchy feeling and I have had hair counts done and shows that I went from 16 hairs pcm on my crown to 24 hairs pcm, and the hair shafts seem healthier as well. So, since I started using it with only 16 hairs pcm, I am probably not going to me the marketing miracle that they would want, but it does seem to work. I still had another HT done on 03/18/09, because I didn't and still refuse to believe that it will get me back to 100 hairs pcm (I had a lot of dead follicles and nothing saves them without a HT), so an HT was needed. But I also have to say that I have been using it for about 5 min a day since the HT (okay - the 3rd night) and it is helping the grafts to heal quicker than my first HT. Not much help on the donor slit though, but what is other than time and Vicoden and an anti-inflammatory. I think that if one is in the early stages of balding that this could be a great help. It can be hard for us to look at it and see the success as the user, I had my wife look and she would find little fine, white hairs and I went to my HT doc to have hair counts. But to the point of some others - the bottom line was I got a transplant anyway.

The unfortunate fact is most of us try a lot of things and they all (or most) seem to help - but most of us end up back in the clinic.

John

john, were you using anything else in conjunction to the laser? minox? fin? anything?

I find it hard to believe if you weren't using anything else. If someone is so concerned about their hairloss and they go to the limits of trying the laser without using finasteride and/or minoxidil won't make any sence.

And if you are using something else in conjunction to the laser, then maybe the results are from those drugs and not the laser??

Hey CalvinKlein,

Certainly. I was using minox and prop. I have been for 11 years. This was just an addition. Even with the minox (twice daily) and prop (daily), I couldn't get past the 16 hairs pcm on my crown. I started using this in conjunction and saw the increase and lowered the itch on my head. If I gave that impression I apologize. I would not say that the lasercomb should be used alone by any means - But I have found it to be a good addition. But again-that's just me. I know that there are other opinions.

Thanks,

John

I will add that I switched to the Rogaine Foam recently as well. Although I do not know if it is increasing my hair any, but it is a lot less iritating.Has anyone else experienced this too - or is it mental?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...