Recepient Redness

Hi i was wondering when i get my fue ht done how one can disguise the redness in the recepient area?

Has anyone used makeup and if so does it work? will it damage or limit the hair to grow once grafts have fallen out(2-3weeks)?

Also fake tan would that help? Is it ok to use for the redness?

Share your tricks as would really love to know as would want to be back to work 3-4 weeks post op!

First of all the redness rarely ever lasts 3-4 weeks unless you have very fair skin. Once the wounds have healed and scab have fallen off (7-10 days) you could use a concealer, but would recommend washing it off at night before bed. Do you have any original hair remaining in the recipient area where you plan on having the transplants?

I had some discoloration for a while and was prepared to use makeup. I went back to work on day 10 but didn't end up needing it. I think the make up would be ok on the skin but Im not sure about the fake tan as I think that is a dye that would be absorbed into the skin. I think that by weeks 3 or 4 the color was close enough to normal that no one would notice as Dr Charles wrote

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I had pinkness in the recipient area up to 4 months post-op. It was pink like a fading sunburn and definitely noticeable, although I doubt anyone would have suspected it was from a HT. As Dr, Charles suggested, brushing existing hair over the work is a good strategy for disguising it. You can also try distilled witch hazel, vitamin e (or other healing oils).

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

After a FUE procedure, how do you disguise the donor area? Assuming your hair is long enough and dense enough, can one cover up the FUE donor area in the same way you may cover up after a FUT? Layered?

Yes, it can be done in layers. If you have some length, you can then hide the extraction areas. However, if you buz your hair down for the fue, it grows back very quickly and is not really noticeable after a few days.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

First of all the redness rarely ever lasts 3-4 weeks unless you have very fair skin. Once the wounds have healed and scab have fallen off (7-10 days) you could use a concealer, but would recommend washing it off at night before bed. Do you have any original hair remaining in the recipient area where you plan on having the transplants?

Hi Dr Charles yes i have thinning hair in recepient where grafts would be going though hair sticks up at the front and cant push it down:(

Can you tell me if you get better results with hair being shaved as i guess its easier for the doc to work with?

My hairs a guard 6 or 7 always so not sure if that would help possibly?

Oh and whats yours or everyones input on makeup? Not alot posted about this:confused: