Hair Transplants FUE Vs. FUT

I just had a 5000 FUE transplant two weeks ago, and depending on the amount of follicles taken out is the amount of trauma to your scalp. Obviously in mine, My scalp still looks really irritated and red because so many follicles were removed and they were close together. In other cases, with 3000 or less fue procedures, if the donor area is spread out, I have read that the helaling is very fast. A big fue procedure might be less invasive, but is no casual thing for your scalp. Its a lot of stress on the area, and a lot of healing.

GabrielJose,

I'm glad you posted that. It's a massive FUE and I - and many others - sincerely hope it grows well for you. We have seen a few posters recently post bigger FUEs on this site. A 3000 and now yours. Just a few weeks ago, Spex, put the onus on me personally to provide him with 30 grown out FUEs with big graft numbers during a discussion about FUE and how it is irrevocably destined for 'small jobs' an ancillary for strip. Very difficult on this site to stand up for FUE because no all-FUE clinics are represented. Worse, some of the biggest FUE clinics, in name and fame are banned from mention. That could all be for good reasons, but still, going against the grain around here is easy. I usually recommend a slow and steady approach to FUE because doctors get tired and prefer small sessions, but saying that, I've always thought there is no reason that big numbers cannot be achieved, when spread over a longer period. I've had poor, good and bad FUE myself and I never post pics or reveal my doctors and I won't until I am repaired, so I would be my worst enemy if my goal were to FUE. But still, it's great to see people not being swallowed by the 'conventional wisdom' of FUE suits small requirements philosophy. I only hope yours works out. no doubt, a lot of variables in FUE that come into play.

GabrielJose,

I'm glad you posted that. It's a massive FUE and I - and many others - sincerely hope it grows well for you. We have seen a few posters recently post bigger FUEs on this site. A 3000 and now yours. Just a few weeks ago, Spex, put the onus on me personally to provide him with 30 grown out FUEs with big graft numbers during a discussion about FUE and how it is irrevocably destined for 'small jobs' an ancillary for strip. Very difficult on this site to stand up for FUE because no all-FUE clinics are represented. Worse, some of the biggest FUE clinics, in name and fame are banned from mention. That could all be for good reasons, but still, going against the grain around here isn't easy. I usually recommend a slow and steady approach to FUE because doctors get tired and prefer small sessions, but saying that, I've always thought there is no reason that big numbers cannot be achieved, when spread over a longer period of successive sessions. I've had poor, good and bad FUE myself and I never post pics or reveal my doctors and I won't until I am repaired, so I would be my worst enemy if my goal were to FUE. But still, it's great to see people not being swallowed by the 'conventional wisdom' of "FUE suits small requirements" philosophy. I only hope yours works out. no doubt, a lot of variables in FUE that come into play.

There will always be skeptisism and opposition against change, specially with FUE and its potential to revolutionize the industry. FUE will put a strain on surgeons due to time involvement, greater skiill level, and the amount of training they will have to go trhough to get accustomed to the new procedure, but that is why we have a choice on the kind of procedure we want to undergo. I think is illogical when people say that FuE is meant for "small jobs", since it works for 1000 grafts why wouldnt it work for 4000? I have seen many results with extensive hair restoration procedures using FUE. Sorry to hear that you had some bad procedures, and i could not imagine the dissapointment you had to go through. In my case, all my implanted hair has already grown considerably during this two weeks and I take that as a good sign. Best of luck on your repair work, and you can email me if you want to try my surgeon.

I think is illogical when people say that FuE is meant for "small jobs", since it works for 1000 grafts why wouldnt it work for 4000?

Oh holy smoke, my goodness. This is blasphemy! How could you say this?:)

I can't thank you enough for saying that. I've been saying it for so long and it seems so obvious.

And I'm glad you have seen many results. By the way, my HTs are a mix of strip and FUE, good luck and bad luck. I've made some bad decisions along the way. One day, if I get out of it all I'll write it up warts and all. meantime, I'm not going to gloss over things because I need the docs etc. to help me. I was almost there last year, but now the crown is opening up, and so back to the drawing board. Anyway, thanks for the comment and good luck with your growth.

• 1 month later...