Anyone from US going to Canada for surgery!

Anyone scheduled for surgery soon needs to take advantage of the current exchange rate of the US dollar compared to the CAD. I'm scheduled with Dr Rahal in January. When I paid my initial $2000 deposit, it cost me about $2040. I just made a big payment and saved almost $400 dollars. The CAD is down and you can take advantage of it. FWIW

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I know he charges 8$ a graft but here's the thing if u need say 3500 grafts does he really charge u 28k plus taxes? For 1 day of work? Doesn't he gave a cap ?

Why dont you go to Turkey or India or Asia? For this amount of money you can have like 30.000 grafts in Turkey and even more in Asia.

Take a weekend or week with family partner also! Tickets can be included in this massive cost.

Dr Koray Erdogan takes ?2,5 /graft-> $3,65 in Istanbul

Did you guys solve the issue about using a credit card and getting an international service fee (for US folks paying in Canada)? I'd like to know what financing options you guys are using, if you don't mind my asking. Anyone find a credit card that offers 2 yrs w/ no interest? I know those used to exist. Let me know as I'm at that stage of my planning. Thanks!

I know he charges 8$ a graft but here's the thing if u need say 3500 grafts does he really charge u 28k plus taxes? For 1 day of work? Doesn't he gave a cap ?

I don't know who you are referring to about charging $8 a graft, but it's not Dr Rahal! His rates are very competitive!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Anyone scheduled for surgery soon needs to take advantage of the current exchange rate of the US dollar compared to the CAD. I'm scheduled with Dr Rahal in January. When I paid my initial $2000 deposit, it cost me about $2040. I just made a big payment and saved almost $400 dollars. The CAD is down and you can take advantage of it. FWIW

Newhairplease, that is a very good idea. Those exchange rates end up being in your favor and you end up paying less. There was a time when it was $1 USD for 1.26 canadian or more. The rates really do fluctuate and you really have to keep an eye on them and lock in at the right rate. Good move.

yep Rahal 8$ per graft FUE, most top Dr charges 7$ per graft

Montreal, what top doctors charge $7 a graft for FUE? I know that most doctors range between $8 to $12 per graft. Are the doctors you mentioned recommended and have patient reviews?

Montreal and Francois,

FUE has a history of being more expensive than FUT. $8 per FUE graft is about the average at this point. Just as physicians have a right to choose what they charge, patients have a right to choose another doctor if they feel they're charging more than they can afford.

FUE is very popular for men who want to keep their hair cropped short on the sides and back of their head. However, FUT results still appear to be much more consistent, produces minimal scarring in most cases and much more affordable. I've restored a full looking head of hair on a Norwood 6 with 4 FUT procedures and 9600 grafts and my scar is relatively minimal in appearance.

Best wishes,

Bill