Am I alone in feeling this looks way too invasive for a typical strip?

Speegs

Hi all,

After the recent flap of Dr. Bolton proxy spamming us with their supposed testimonials I did look up the chap and via his own videos was left a little alarmed.

Obviously hair restoration is a surgical procedure, it involves tissue removal and from a very vascular part of the body at that. But I've never witnessed quite this graphic and gory a harvesting technique, am I mistaken in saying this seems abnormally messy of the doctor to have done?

(Link removed by moderator)

http://youtu.be/HHbbjG22wgw

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Good thing we dont have eyes on the back of our head :)

That is a very hard thing to watch- and that is why we are not doctors. I believe that most cosmetic surgeries are gory. The important thing is the healing and the comfort level during the procedure- Dan looks and sounds good

I personally,,,I could be wrong, but I don't think that is how most top notch doctors remove a strip...Looks like a lot of transections to me,,but I could be wrong..would love to hear some input on this subject!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

What makes that strip removal so abhorrent is the use of a multi-blade scalpel. That patient just lost a lot of hair from transection as NewHairPlease pointed out. Think about it. The patient is sitting up. Hair in the donor area grows downward exiting the scalp at about a 35 to 45 degree angle. This alone allows for transection as the blades are just plowing through. Having multiple blades adds insult to injury since the blades cannot simultaneously be pushed or pulled in between the grafts.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Oh man, he's using a multi-bladed scalpel? Even my first hack doctor Karamikian used a single blade. The story just gets worse and worse with this guy....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com