An unnoticed side effect of HT procedure

I have yet to see anyone mention the fact that the transplant does somewhat(not a lot) change the shape of your face. After all, you're taking away a good portion of your skin, pulling the remaining skin down, and stichting it together. If that procedure would of happened on the front of your face, it would be called a face lift. Does anyone else notice a difference? What is everyones thoughts on this?

Have you noticed a change in your face due to having a strip surgery? I have heard people mention this before but I'm not sure if it actually occurs. It seems unlikely to me due to the donor area being so far from the face.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Since most of the stretch comes from the back of the neck it would be very unlikely to have any noticeable facial changes from a strip procedure. I supppose anything is possible but it would have to be a very large strip from a very tight scalp.

Honestly, I think the reason you haven't seen anyone mention it, is because it doesn't happen. The only way the shape of someone's face may appear to change a little is when they have a new hairline created, and that's because of how the hairline frames the face. The actual shape of the face does not change. A person may experience some post-op swelling in the face, but that always goes down in a few days time. The strip they remove from the donor area doesn't affect the skin on your face at all. Biscuit and Dr. Charles both bring up very good points.