Gillenator's emergency surgery

gillenator

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to provide notice to all of you that I came under an acute kidney stone attack last Sunday evening. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was transported to the ER and had a CT scan done and they found a 3mm stone. They kept sending me back home on pain narcotics and had me drinking "gallons" of water to pass it. It never passed so after a total of three acute attacks and ambulatory trips back to the hospital, they decide to surgically remove it Friday morning. I got back home yesterday and am now re-couping. It is truly amazing how a 3mm stone could bring a 6'2", 234 lb guy like me to the floor in a matter of a few seconds. The only true relief before it was removed was a morphine IV drip. The other oral pain meds (percoset) never made a dent in relieving the pain. Thank goodness it is over although things are still pretty sore. The stent inside my kidney will be removed in ten days. AARRG!!

During this whole ordeal I was also notified that I have to have more angioplasty surgery done in the first week of January so it's back for more fun in a few weeks. This will unfortunately put me on medical leave until mid January or so and I wanted to provide everyone the notice as I will be absent from the forums for a little while until I am recovered from all of this.

I am also taking this opportunity to send in my laptop for screen repair, and visiting my family for the holidays. In the meantime, I wish all of you a joyous holiday season, good health, much happiness in the coming year. Thank you for the e-mails and well wishes I have been receiving which has meant alot to me. See you soon! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to provide notice to all of you that I came under an acute kidney stone attack last Sunday evening. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was transported to the ER and had a CT scan done and they found a 3mm stone. They kept sending me back home on pain narcotics and had me drinking "gallons" of water to pass it. It never passed so after a total of three acute attacks and ambulatory trips back to the hospital, they decide to surgically remove it Friday morning. I got back home yesterday and am now re-couping. It is truly amazing how a 3mm stone could bring a 6'2", 234 lb guy like me to the floor in a matter of a few seconds. The only true relief before it was removed was a morphine IV drip. The other oral pain meds (percoset) never made a dent in relieving the pain. Thank goodness it is over although things are still pretty sore. The stent inside my kidney will be removed in ten days. AARRG!!

During this whole ordeal I was also notified that I have to have more angioplasty surgery done in the first week of January so it's back for more fun in a few weeks. This will unfortunately put me on medical leave until mid January or so and I wanted to provide everyone the notice as I will be absent from the forums for a little while until I am recovered from all of this.

I am also taking this opportunity to send in my laptop for screen repair, and visiting my family for the holidays. In the meantime, I wish all of you a joyous holiday season, good health, much happiness in the coming year. Thank you for the e-mails and well wishes I have been receiving which has meant alot to me. See you soon! icon_smile.gif

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Gill,

I am truly sorry to hear of your ordeal but I am glad that you are going to be taking the time to heal and recuperate over the holidays. Your presence will be missed and I look forward to having you back.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Gillenator,

I can relate and sympathize. Some years ago, I had an almost identical experience. I had to go into O.R. twice before they got the stone out via cystoscopy. I spent a week in the hospital, due to pain which turned out to be nothing serious. But I was rather worried. Then, two weeks with that stent in there was less than pleasant.

You'll be fine, though. Don't lose any hair over the whole ordeal.

Bob