Infection after HT

Hi!

I did my HT about 1 1/2 months ago with a well respected surgeon. Tuesday this week, I removed a wisdom tooth in my lower jaw. After that I got a slight fever, 38,3 C, pain and diffuclty to swallow and open my mouth due to an infection. Currently I'm being treated with antibiotics. Could this infection in any way jeopardize my HT result?

Edited by Danny1976

Danny,

I agree with newhair; this is definitely something to discuss with your hair transplant surgeon.

It seems very unlikely (based upon the way tooth infections spread, the type of likely bacteria, etc.), but if you are uncertain, checking with your physician will definitely help clarify.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for the replies guys! The infection will obviously not directly affect the scalp, since tooth infections normally spread locally, and sometimes to the farynx, the neck and sinuses, but never to the scalp. What I was wondering is if the stress such an infection would put on the body could affect the HT in any way? High fever is for example known to sometimes cause telogen effluvium a couple of months after the infection.