Which concealer will cause least damage?

Hi Guys,

After how many days after a Hair Transplant is it safe to use a concealer? I'm thinking of using either Nanotick -Topik -Courve or Dermatch. Having had a buzz cut for the the transplant I will look pretty thin on top. I want to know if using any of the above mentioned products will hinder or damage my hair and growth. Is it best to be brave and just not put anything on and look bald until growth appears?

They are probably all safe. But some docs warn against using dermmatch for a few months after a transplant. Toppik/nanogen would be just fine.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

You need to wait until all your scabs are off, which typically occurs between 8-10 days. After that point you can use concealers but do not "cake it on". Use a little because you do not want the concealer to get in and stuck around the graft site. Doing so can hinder the health and growth of the graft, so use sparingly at first.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the tips guys - if using any concealer could hinder the health and growth of the graft I may just keep my head buzzed and show off the scar! Until growth appears. I just need man up!

I don't think you need to go that far. Some people just use way too much of it and that could cause problems, but if you use it properly by only putting enough to give you the illusion of density and not putting a thick layer than you'll be fine.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians