When to wash grafts after HT opp

Hi Guys,

Do you have to wash your head after a hair transplant - or is it best to go a week or two without washing the newly implanted grafts so you know they are secure and the scabs have fallen off? I know you will be dirty for a week or two but its worth it if the grafts will be secure.

Cheers

You should wash your hair after having the procedure because you need to clean your scabs and stitches, this way you will heal better and not have any complications. You should not wash your hair until 24 hours post surgery, so if you had a surgery on monday, dont' wash until tuesday evening. Also remember that you cannot put your head into the shower you should very gently wash your hair with a cup or pitcher and slowly pour water from the back of your head forward so it gently flows. After one week you can return to a normal shower routine.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree that washing the scalp shortly after the procedure is very important to the healing process. I recommend to my patients in writing and verbally to wash their hair gently as instructed 36 hours after the procedure. I also offer to the patient to come back to the clinic the following day and we will do the first hair wash for them. Most first timers do come back to the office the next day. Proper washing actually speeds up the healing process and allows patients to return to their normal life styles sooner.

You should wash your hair once per day, carefully following your doctors instructions on how to do this. You should not put your head directly under a shower for the first several days.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

You should wash your hair once per day, carefully following your doctors instructions on how to do this. You should not put your head directly under a shower for the first several days.

Is putting a head directly under shower after three weeks of transplant fine?

I am asking this because I did that after 3 weeks of transplant for 5 days...