NY drs for women

lisa

Who would you recommend in NYC for transplants for a woman?

I would recommend True & Dorin. I had mine done with Dr. Dorin, but I'm a man. I have seen lot of his female patient results though... very natural and refined.

I would also look into Dr. Carlos Wesley. He works a lot with women too.

As for women HT doctors in NYC, the only one I know of is Dr. Robin Unger. She works out of the same clinic as Dr. Wesley. If I understand correctly, she is the daughter of Dr. Walter Unger who is one of the pioneers of the HT industry and among the first to do URFUT.

I understand that Dr. Eric Schweiger is supposed to specialize almost exclusively in female hair loss, however, I haven't seen any of his work. He works alongside Dr. Bernstein who is one of the pioneers of the industry and a top notch doc, so I imagine that Dr. Schweiger must be worth looking into.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Lisa,

I definitely agree with Corvettester.

Check out True & Dorin's website. They have an excellent female before and after photo gallery.

Here is the direct link:

True & Dorin Medical Group: Before and After Gallery

Dr. Robin Unger's website also has some nice female examples.

One word of caution about Dr. Feller. He shaves the recipient area for all procedures, so as a woman this might be something to keep in mind. This is evident in the pictures in the second link provided by Spex.

"One word of caution about Dr. Feller. He shaves the recipient area for all procedures, so as a woman this might be something to keep in mind. This is evident in the pictures in the second link provided by Spex."

The reason for shaving the recipient area is to prevent transection which could permanently damage your existing hair. If you have diffuse thinning it's a lot easier for the surgeon to have a clear field of vision. Not all docs insist on shaving, but I would not let it steer me away from a top doctor who gets consistently great results like Dr. Feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere,

I was simply pointing out the fact that Dr. Feller shaves the recipient area, and (especially) as a woman this is something she might want to be aware of. It wasn't, "Stay away from Dr. Feller!"

I just think that it is very important to know this going in, and a lot of other doctors get consistently great results without shaving.

salami, I was not accusing you of anything. However, I also think the patient should know the reason why some clinics like Dr. Feller insist on shaving and the potential downsides of not shaving.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com