positive finpecia results - 2 1/2 months in

realquiet

Hey guys, like the thread says, I've been on Finpecia for around 2 1/2 months now, and after going through some early shedding I've noticed some results already.

I'm a bit confused because the results seem to defy my expectations. I was NOT planning on regrowth in my hairline, nor was I planning on ANY type of regrowth this quickly. From reading and viewing many others' results on fin, it generally only occurs in a small amount of people, and on a much longer time-line.

I guess what I'm looking for is confirmation that it's possible and I'm not crazy. I have a naturally high hairline with diffused thinning happening directly behind my hairline and my temples. I can safely say that is no longer true. The diffusion is gone, and I can see many small terminal hairs that have integrated into my temples and hairline. My left temple has also dramatically filled in, with the right side staying the same, but much fuller and no longer diffused.

I thought the hair cycle took longer than this? Why is the hairline regrowing?

Luckily for me (and everyone), I took actual photos of when I first started under the same lighting to show you guys (and confirm I'm sane :D). Apologies for the "Hairline" picture, they are at different angles but I wanted to show the diffusion that existed.

If anyone has positive results like this please share.

Left Temple (Before):

oldlefttemple.th.jpg

Left Temple (After):

lefttemplenew.th.jpg

Right Temple (Before):

righttempleold.th.jpg

Right Temple (After):

righttemplenew.th.jpg

Hairline (Before):

hairlineold.th.jpg

Hairline (After):

hairlinenew.th.jpg

Edited by realquiet

Just wanted to add that because i have baby fine blonde hair, I can very easily see the contrast on my scalp at where the 1/4" baby black hairs are growing in. They seem to be very thick compared to my regular, almost invisible thin hair. This scared me at first because a chunk of hair shed right behind my hairline and the baby hairs weren't visible yet when I first started the fin.

I've noticed the front hairline now has a shadowy look after my initial shed as well. It's a weird mixture of baby hairs and long bangs, but at least there is now a more distinct line to look at, even though I can't style my hairline yet because the hairs need a few more cycles until they are big enough to lay where I want them. You can't really label that as "regrowth" though; I guess its more like a better yield from the follicles that are still alive.

My crown also has a very thickened, terminal feel to it lately. I must admit when I was shedding intensely during the 1st month my entire head felt very thin and weak, like I was diffusing everywhere. I had hair EVERYWHERE and it was embarrassing to explain the wads of hair on my shirts, in my cars upholstery, even getting stuck in between the keys of my keyboard. I went swimming the other day and someone said it looked like I had a "bowl" on my head. I take that as a compliment because there weren't any areas where light could penetrate. :)

As for the temples, I will try to photograph them next month and find a way to get the camera to zoom in enough to show the line the hairs are forming. What is happening is temples are starting to fill in. There are even some rogue hairs growing under my hairline that I need to pluck because it looks weird. It looks like my hairline from 2-3 years ago is trying to reform and connect from the temple points to the frontal tuff, and that is where the real regrowth is occurring.

You are having an excellent reaction to Finpecia! Not many have regrown their hairline from bald scalp. This is a very rare occurence, and in 2.5 months time no doubt. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Wow, those are some remarkable results. How have the side effects been compared to the results?

No side effects so far; except for being really horny the first 2 weeks or so after starting, but that's back to normal levels now. Oh, and don't forget about the shedding, although it seems to be a positive indicator that you are receptive to it.

• 1 month later...

Those results are awesome man! I've been on Rogaine for about 6 months and am considering getting on finasteride of some sort. How did you go about yours? I see many online pharmacies but I don't know if this stuff is legal or not. LOL Do you know if you need a perscription?

Those results are awesome man! I've been on Rogaine for about 6 months and am considering getting on finasteride of some sort. How did you go about yours? I see many online pharmacies but I don't know if this stuff is legal or not. LOL Do you know if you need a perscription?

Well, the pictures above are from Finpecia, a generic form of Propecia that isn't sold in the US... yet (I think we get it in 2012). Other countries have been manufacturing generic Propecia for awhile now, so you can get it through an online pharmacy with no prescription.

A better way to do it (the way I do it now), is to go see a dermatologist and get a prescription for generic Finasteride. It's like $10 for a 4-month supply at Costco or Walmart! The dermatologist will probably charge you $50-75 for the visit, but the prescription will be good for at least a year.

If you want to go the online pharmacy route, Finpecia will cost around $70-100 for a 4-month supply. The wait time to receive your meds will be around 3 weeks because of customs. This can be a pretty big issue as sometimes it just won't make it through customs (pretty rare), or be heavily delayed (common). You need to make sure you are ordering from a solid site with a good reputation as well. The last thing you want are counterfeit pills that set you back even further! The site I ordered my Finpecia from was Pharm4all.com after doing quite a bit of research. Just make sure they tell you which company produced the pills (the big ones are Cipla and Dr. Reddy).

I'll leave it to you to make the decision on how you want to do it, but definitely do it!

wow, dosage?

For the first 3 months I was just taking the standard 1mg daily of finpecia in the morning. Now I'm doing half of a generic finasteride pill (5mg) every other day, and I really like this better. I like not having to take the pill every day, and results have only gotten better as the months have gone by.

It's been about 5 months now; the hair on my frontal third and crown are so strong and healthy compared to when I first started. Even the side and back of the head are thicker. Of course, what I feel means nothing. If you want, you can search my surgery thread for pictures taken just 3 weeks ago to see some real proof. Granted, the pictures are post-op, but my hair looks very thick and dense all over my head. Comparing the hairline to the old photos I can see a pretty big improvement.

We'll see what it looks like in a few more months, but so far, I'm pretty happy.