Finally Done - 2750 Grafts

gtz101

Ok finally after long flight to Toronto (Canada) I got my HT done this week.

First night was difficult. Almost 12 hours at the surgery. I got my front hairline and temples done. I almost felt I was about to pass out the first night but it was ok. I'm on day 4 today. My main worry is sleeping. I can feel the donar strip (I had sutures/stitches done NOT staples). At night this keeps me awake a lot and very hard to sleep on pillows.

I have taken it easy with washing my hair. Only today I let some water run from the back of head to the front but only gently and not a lot. My hair is still pretty much in the same shape as it was straight after HT. The suture area of course I wash daily and apply a special type of ointment.

My temples, I had some different type of ointment applied there by the HT surgeon which is still on there and make it stand out.

Any ideas why temples have special ointment applied on it but not other areas? It looks all greasy and shiney though.

I can't wait to wash the front area properly as I haven't been able to do this for almost a week! I also want to be able to hide the front area by brushing/moving the hair forward (especially before work) but have been advised by the HT surgeon not to do this yet. The temples are hard to hide.

I will get pictures up as and when they become available.

I didn't have a ton of pain but rather just very uncomfortablewhen sleeping. I slept sitting up for the entire first week almost. My sutures came out on day 7 and after the sutures came out, it wasn't as bad sleeping on pillows.

My hair surgeon instructed me to not let water hit the top of my head directly for the first 3 days. However, after that he said it was ok to let the shower hit my transplanted area.

hey gtz101, sleeping was definitely the worst part. i found the sleeping aids helped a lot for the first couple of days. I personally thought day 4/5 were the toughest. A day after the sutures came out (Day 11) I felt near 100% aside from the itchiness and other odd sensations from the recipient area.

I'm not sure what the issue is with brushing your hair forward. Personally, I chose not to brush my hair forward until I had to go back to work mainly because I didn't want to accidentally prick my grafts with the comb.