Rogaine life span?

MyNameIsRich

Considering using Rogaine to see if it can help regrow or thicken the hairs on my temples/side of my head, possibly improving the hairline also.

I'm not comfortable with the idea of signing my life away to taking Propecia forever, as it has some side effects as well as many people saying it will only work for so many years.

My question is: Is Rogaine something that will stop working after so many years? or can it stabilize hairloss for life, if used every day?

If I can hold off hairloss before, and even after having a HT with the use of rogaine solely, then it may be the best thing for me.

Everyone is different. Some may lose ground after a couple of years, while some may have good luck for 10-15 years. You never know until you try.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I have used Rogaine for over 15 years. At first, my hair thickened quite a bit, so that the thinning in my crown was reversed. Over the years I did thin and it did not help in my hairline (though some have found it does). I am convinced that I would have lost a lot more hair if i had not used Rogaine. Just added Fin to my routine in Feb. of this year. There are no guarantees with the meds, but Fin is clearly the best med for preserving your hair and seeing some improvement. It is my understanding that Rogaine and Fin produce the best results when used together.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Everyone is different. Some may lose ground after a couple of years, while some may have good luck for 10-15 years. You never know until you try.

Exactly! There are just no hard and fast rules when it comes to treating hair loss. That goes for both surgical and medical treatments. You need to have all your bases covered in terms of expectations, side effects, etc. but, in the end, you've got to just try it in order to see what your own results will be.

With the degree of balding I had going in to hair transplant surgery, I didn't feel confident solely relying on minoxidil to stabilize my hair loss. I felt I needed to throw everything I could at it. Even if they aren't permanent, I hoped that these drugs may postpone my arrival at a NW V pattern at least 10 years.

I'm not known for my optimism but I never really believed that I would be using these drugs forever. I think better, more potent and longer lasting solutions are on the horizon.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website